Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kennel Cough

Kennel Cough

My two HWV's have had The Cough for a week now confirmed by my vet.How long is it likely to affect them for ,they are really in a sad old mess. I understand that you just have to let it run it's corse. Wf1

Approx 3 weeks mate you should be over the worse by now .
    norma

syringe them some manuka honey it will help

Hope the dogs pick up soon. Be interesting to see if the honey works. Has some great properties that manuka honey. Make sure you buy manuka honey that says it's active, and preferably from Tasmania.

It will pass in its own time. The honey won't make it pass any quicker, it just eases their throat discomfort.
    The most important thing to remember is not to exercise them too strenuously for a couple of weeks after they stop coughing as they can cause permanent damage to lung tissue.

When we had a pack of fox hounds the old vet we used told us to use Benylin [ But not licenced for animal use ] A very good vet [ sadley no longer with us ] it did not matter what time of day or night or what had happened to a dog he would sort it .
    If its hit its history / If its missed its a mystery

A gun is always loaded .A mule always kicks

Quote Originally Posted by pendle View Post
    When we had a pack of fox hounds the old vet we used told us to use Benylin [ But not licenced for animal use ] A very good vet [ sadley no longer with us ] it did not matter what time of day or night or what had happened to a dog he would sort it .
    Excactly the same here old school vet many yrs ago told me the same even gave me needle and thread to stitch my lurcher so I didn't wake him up at stupid o'clock .
    norma

Hope they get better soon, not nice to see, my collie had it about 5years ago,

+1 seen gun dog kennels where they treated kennel cough with Benylin on their vets advice apparently.

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYBODY. Its heartbreaking at the moment nothing I can do to put things right for them. Got the honey thanks and some benoline in the cupboard. Thanks once again.Wf1