Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thermacell do the work

Thermacell do they work

I'm thinking of buying a Thermacell mosquito and midge repeller and I'd like to here from any one that has one.
    Do these actually work
    Last edited by crouch valley; 12-07-2015 at 18:21.

welcome to borrow one mty no good on the move but sitting out in but not in a gale gnat free for me

As already said, yes provided you are static and it's not blowing too much. Try pest control outlets for a good price, plus the 'Babyliss' refills are cheaper than O/E. Ditto for the mats on EBay for other Mozzie repellents. Check out YouTube for vids on how to refill the cartridges at a fraction of the cost of new.

+1 found that way of refilling the buggers on youtube easy and far far cheaper

They do work but if it is breezy they are limited use...but then if it's breezy you probably don't need one!

i refill my canisters from a lighter refil can and recharge the pads with liquid refills for a plugin insect repeller
    cheap as chips now

I use mine when night fishing and they seem to work although I still put on a bit of repellant . If there's abit of a breeze I just put it upwind a couple of yards. They are designed to be put in a horizontal, static position and not worn on a rucksack or belt which is a shame but makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    They do work but if it is breezy they are limited use...but then if it's breezy you probably don't need one!

i refill my canisters from a lighter refil can and recharge the pads with liquid refills for a plugin insect repeller
    cheap as chips now

This type of thing for reference
    Jungle Formula Mosquito Killer Plug In Refill - 35 ml: Amazon.co.uk: Health Personal Care

Quote Originally Posted by feaks View Post
    I use mine when night fishing and they seem to work although I still put on a bit of repellant . If there's abit of a breeze I just put it upwind a couple of yards. They are designed to be put in a horizontal, static position and not worn on a rucksack or belt which is a shame but makes sense.
    Oh it is, you can buy holders for that purpose
    i put mine in a pocket with the top sticking out

mine has a leg pack I put it on my shine and not only do's it let me be in the centre of the stink I keeps my leg warm lol. ps thank B-500 now have them on order

I'm aware of the fuel refill trick but what repellent is needed to soak the mat? I got a bulk buy of official kit a few years ago and am now down to the last pack and need to restock.