Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roe Buck season thus far

Roe Buck season thus far

3 clients this weekend up to Sunday morning and another 2 bucks taken. This season so far has been a very good one in West Sussex and although I am seeing a lot of does with fawns the bucks have been quite secretive.

Having started my cull late this year (end of May) I am surprised at the amount of yearlings I have seen, however I am now seeing some stunning heads on the ground, with a very nice medal see twice in a weekend in the same place. This buck is as cunning as they come, he is in an awkward place to stalk onto and this Sunday morning both me and a member off this site got within about 120yds before a few birds flying off the wheat gave the game away and he was off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nick Roe Buck.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	799.1 KB 
ID:	59082

Even so we managed to take this old boy at the end of a long morning in a wheat field, thick antlers but gone back. Still a nice mature head, he would have been a better beast a couple of years back.

Having stalked for a good many years I have yet to shoot a medal Roe for myself, having always given them to friends or occasionally sold them to a client. I might treat myself to a medal this year

Will wait and see!
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

You got some nice ground with some nice roe down there Malc. You made Danny a very happy man after shooting 2 bucks in 2 outings with you .

I'm not doing too bad myself either, i've shot 4 bucks in 5 outings on my ground, and the rut is still to come

Shot 23 bucks which is about on par with previous years.

Your ground that I had the pleasure of being on just screams nice roe and the ones I saw were very nice Attachment 59089 good luck treating yourself feller .
    did that fallow big buck ever get grassed !

save me 1 for sunday Malc ,cant wait early o clock at the bothy atb
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

Quote Originally Posted by tozzybum View Post
    save me 1 for sunday Malc ,cant wait early o clock at the bothy atb
    good luck tozzy on sunday mate,regards doug,
    DONT START

cheers Doug fingers crossed.

Will do my best for you Ian, there are still one or two cull heads I have seen on the ground. Plus I have the other two farms nearby to the estate so we could always try there.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    Your ground that I had the pleasure of being on just screams nice roe and the ones I saw were very nice Attachment 59089 good luck treating yourself feller .
    did that fallow big buck ever get grassed !
    Cheers Paul,

No it didn't, never did catch up with him. However the Fallow Bucks are just beginning to show near the bothy, seen one or two of late in the early hours. All in heavy velvet but plenty of does and fawns about.

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

see you Friday Malc cant wait .Well looking forward to it