Thread: Beech wood for sale

Beech wood for sale

Now Sold.

Cheers.
    Last edited by shotguntom; 13-07-2015 at 21:07.

I got a friend who may be interested in planking it. I'll give you a call. Too good for firewood!
    MS

I buy seasoned hardwood bucked to 12" lengths for 63.50 per cubic metre (around 350Kg) if that helps?
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

it very much depends on how accessible it is. if you could drive your wagon up to it and load then would command a better price. how do you load it? by hand? = price drops!

firewood is going for 45 -55/t roadside. well that's what I would expect to pay, if it is at stump it will be considerably cheaper. There will be local variations, im sure.

if someone would like it for other uses ie; planking then its down to a good old negotiation.

I would suggest selling the plankable stuff and then selling the firewood.

hope that helps.

ade
    Big bloke... but outta shape

The wood is very accessible, you can drive your vehicle right up to and ill even load it for you.

Hello
    what size timber is it? have you stack measued it? What diameter is it? What lengths is it cut?
    Price wise its a buyers market at the moment you should be able to get 45 per m3, for firewood. To work out the meters work out the cubic metres then on beech times the answer by 0.6 and that will give you as near as dam is to swearing the tonnage of your stack.
    I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Home Loader; 13-07-2015 at 16:54.

Its a mixed cut size. The main branches and limbs are about 2/3 foot in length. The main trunk has been cut into circles, about 2/3feet across and 1ft deep. Some of them have been split into quarters as they are very large.

If you PM me I can send photo's of the pile. The site won't allow me to upload pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by shotguntom View Post
    Now sold.
    I see it is still for sale on the main page so wondered how many hectares it was until I read the posts :-(