Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Safe?

Safe?

Now I don't really want to be a **** stirrer and obviously don't know the ground, but these look a bit dodgy!

I don't enjoy watching other people kill beasts, but you're right. Those first two were seriously questionable shots, in my opinion. I didn't watch any further
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by Hunting Solutions View Post
    Now I don't really want to be a **** stirrer and obviously don't know the ground, but these look a bit dodgy!

Wow. Been shooting for 47 years and never considered the sky as a safe backstop.

And to be perfectly frank, I don't even consider the shots I saw to be in the least bit sporting. They were still well over 250 yards from what I could make out? I wouldn't expect anyone to get them on the end of the barrel, but that's taking the pi55. Especially given that they were on the skyline. Not impressed
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by Hunting Solutions View Post

Well you thought the bag with a rifle and toggle to get it out was good......lol

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...106751-Love-it

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

I would not have taken the first two for the distance and major lack of backstop and the second piece of footage was just as bad with the distinct possibility of hitting one of the adjacent hinds despite the fact the bullet must have been skimming along the top of the grass!

Well i suppose the stalker told him to take the shot and he must know the ground. I saw scotch mist behind the stag so of course its a good back stop .

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    Well you thought the bag with a rifle and toggle to get it out was good......lol

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...106751-Love-it

Tim.243
    I love mine!!

When the title of the video is "awesome killscenes" you kind of know what you are likely to be watching.

Interesting that all but one dropped to the shot. Last was a low neck and the second was a spine but I couldn't make out placement on the other two.

And were they really all shootable beasts? I bet he paid a few quid for the privilege of shooting that little lot.
    So much to learn and so little time left