Harkila gamekeeper boots

chill123

On the way hind stalking last winter I visited John Norris(Penrith) and purchased a pair of Harkila gamekeeper boots . After a week on the hill,the rubber around toe had started to come away from the leather. I returned them to John Norris ,who were brilliant and sent me a replacement pair .After light use the second pair developed the same fault, this time I got a refund .I contacted Harkila who said I was just unlucky getting two pairs of defective boots ! I will not buy Harkila again , can anyone suggest a good pair of boots?

Chill

Go for Lundhags. Your foots surrounded by rubber, certech, and the rest is leather. They do a high or mid boot. Ranger high is a great boot in your price range.

I'll second Lundhags.

My Syncro High Lundhags have turned out to be the most comfortable heavy duty boots I've ever had - took a while to break in but maybe that's a measure of quality and longevity? That's heavy duty in terms of use as they are remarkably light in weight.

Register with Sportpursuit, endure the daily email flash sales, and keep an eye out for their seasonal special offers on Lundhags that should start soon - save up to 50% on UK retail prices!

http://www.sportpursuit.com/

Stop messing about and get hanwag's. Proper German engineered boots. by far the best and I've worn them all.

Last edited:
Meindl boots every time for me got harklia trousers coat all great the boots are a waste of time.The wife brought me a pair of there socks for Xmas they had holes in them fist outing !!

Go for Meindl boots they are superb. Go for a size up as I found I needed a size 9 rather than my usual size 8. Good bargains on ebay

I have had 2 pairs of Harkilas and my Wife has had one - ALL of which started to leak within a year even with the correct care. My Meindls however have never had an issue and are still going strong......

Back