Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: High seat mounted to a car?

High seat mounted to a car?

I am wondering if anybody has seen any form of high seat that fits onto a roof rack? It's more for rabbits than stalking as parts of my permission needs me to be elevated, so to keep mobile I'm hoping there is a neat folding solution instead of ratchet strapping a chair on top

Didn't the clampits have something like that for grandma !! Lol
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

It has been done before:

Quote Originally Posted by takbok View Post
    It has been done before:

Thats exactly what I don't want it to look like, I'm going to try using the roof with the boot open standing on the back. I have a Grand Vitara so it opens sideways, but I was hoping there would maybe a solution where I could mount a folding chair

Sorry, I'm out of ideas. I think it would have to be a bulky solution to spread your weight effectively if you needed to sit on the roof. A sturdy roof rack probably required and a ladder for access, not to mention the chair part and rifle rest. Good luck

One of these is what you need!

Attachment 59108

FLM Panelcraft converted Hunting Range Rovers were very popular in the Middle East during the 1970's - hence the gun racks, falcon perches and.............. elevating seats. Ideal for your needs!

http://www.range-rover-classic.com/H...craft-ltd---uk

Known as Pirelli stalking

Most roofs have a 75 kg limit as the A B & C pillars are only of 0.7mm steel so a fattish hunter plus clothes, seat and gun = 125 kg.
    Up to you but it will kill any guarantee claim on a newish car.
    Martin

http://www.espandre.com/SiteAssets/E...1423171663.JPG

What I'm thinking of is something like the above but a lot simpler and lighter that will fit on a roof rack. I may have to build it myself I think....ugghhh

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    Most roofs have a 75 kg limit as the A B & C pillars are only of 0.7mm steel so a fattish hunter plus clothes, seat and gun = 125 kg.
    Up to you but it will kill any guarantee claim on a newish car.
    Martin

I didn't think of that....I have no guarantee to worry about though. Maybe I have to change to a pickup and use the roof with a chair in the back..?