Wanted: Stalking experience wanted Wales/west

I am a would be stalker with centre fire target shooting experience and FAC looking to try out stalking. I would like to get some experience either by shadowing a mentor on a stalk ( I don't mind not shooting) or going on an accompanied stalk on a paying basis.

I own a 308 which I hope to eventually put on ticket but for now need to see what it's all about and learn the field craft ( safety first!!) before committing funds to a dsc1 course.

I live in South Wales so I can travel a reasonable distance into Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Somerset, mid Wales etc.

if anyone out there can assist I'd be most grateful.

Last edited:
Contact Elmer Fudd on here for stalking. Good guy, good ground.

Not sure I understand 'I own a 308 and hope to put it on a ticket sometime' - the two are inextricably linked - under the Firearms Act.....

I mean't on for shooting over land. Its on my FAC for target shooting but I can't take it into the field without a variation. Many thanks for the info and for taking the time to reply.

I mean't on for shooting over land. Its on my FAC for target shooting but I can't take it into the field without a variation. Many thanks for the info and for taking the time to reply.

I have had several people like yourself looking for a variation so they can take the rifle they have deer stalking.

All you need to do is book/pay for a couple of stalks with a guide, pay your deposit and then ask for a receipt to show you have booked stalking. You then send in your request and ask for the ticket to read where you are by payment or invitation to go stalking over land that is cleared for the calibre of weapon you have .............simple.

You do not need land yourself, just booked stalking will get you the variation you need.

Back