Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Brenneke cartridges

  1. #1

    Brenneke cartridges

    Gents,

    I will travel to Portugal for some wild boar shooting, I am planning to take my .308 and my Winchester Sx3 with a Reflex sight.

    Does any of you, if possible in the Midlands, have legally access to some slug loads? So that you could help me zeroing the shotgun (I am not asking for the cartridges itself, as I don't have the condition on my certificate).
    I will pay the cost involved for helping me.

    Thank you all

    Mark

  2. #2
    What (where) do you call the midlands Mark?
    I take it that it is a section 2 shotgun and not a section1.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

  3. #3
    I can't help personally but.........

    a) the use overseas will provide an excellent 'good reason' to put in a variation for slugs on the OP's FAC.

    b) I suspect it's irrelevant if the shotgun is S1 or S2 as it's the slug that dictates the authority required- being S1.

  4. #4
    Hi 8x57,
    Travel, its not a problem, I'm near Birmingham, in the range of 100 miles, if its possible.

    Atb
    Mark

    Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    What (where) do you call the midlands Mark?
    I take it that it is a section 2 shotgun and not a section1.

  5. #5
    Not quite Orion, there is a reason for my question.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

  6. #6
    Hi Orion,
    You absolutely right, about the variation, I already rang the Feo, that said it wouldn't be a problem, but there is a waiting list as normal, I just received it back from a variation, prior booking in Portugal, I didn't want to send it in again, if I could avoid it...legally of course.
    About the shotgun, mine its a S2, but as you said, it make no difference.
    Thanks' for your reply
    Mark

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I can't help personally but.........

    a) the use overseas will provide an excellent 'good reason' to put in a variation for slugs on the OP's FAC.

    b) I suspect it's irrelevant if the shotgun is S1 or S2 as it's the slug that dictates the authority required- being S1.

  7. #7
    Mark I have to pop out soon but I will drop you a pm later. I may be able to help you out, all quite legal as long as the shotgun is section 2 and not section 1.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

  8. #8
    Thank you

    Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Mark I have to pop out soon but I will drop you a pm later. I may be able to help you out, all quite legal as long as the shotgun is section 2 and not section 1.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    I may be able to help you out, all quite legal as long as the shotgun is section 2 and not section 1.
    Okay, got it.

Similar Threads

  1. 7x64 Brenneke users
    By The deer man in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 18-03-2015, 00:18
  2. Wanted Anything 7 X 64 (Brenneke)
    By VIGILAIRE in forum Reloading
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-05-2014, 12:37
  3. 7 x 64 (brenneke)
    By timbrayford in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20-02-2013, 23:43
  4. Brenneke says hi.
    By brenneke in forum Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-03-2012, 16:55
  5. 7 x 64 Brenneke
    By zaitsev in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-09-2008, 11:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •