4x4 Tax

Don't you think it smacks of jelousy ?

4X4 are bad because i don't have one ? and do the peolple that have them use them off road ? and only rich idiots drive them don't they ?

Aircraft on the other hand must be good as i can go on a CHEAP holiday one a year and i don't think its fair that flight prices should go up !

P.S i go on holiday in the UK in my 3 ltr 4x4 so i polute my own country BUT all my cash stays here too.

I drive a 4x4 as a necessity. I love driving it - but I am resigned to the fact that it will soon have to go.

Times are changing: population increase, global warming, the end of hydrocarbon man mean that ultimately we will all have to release our hold on some of our freedoms.

Having said that I intend to get a few more years out of it - even if it means re registering as a HGV to get the £165 a year rate.

Willie said:
I drive a Mercedes ML270 and yes I do use it for stalking and on the syndicate shoot. I would love to own a Land Rover Defender 110 but the wife said no.

I suppose I will have to pay the chancellors 4x4 tax and keep heating up the planet

No you won't Willie unless it is less than a year old. This tax only applies to vehicles registered since 23rd March 2006.

I do think that the point about LPG is a good one. I had a Range Rover that was LPG converted and that gave me 4.2 litres of power at less cost per mile than a family saloon and, compared to a diesel Range Rover, I was paying roughly 10p per mile against 17p per mile for the diesel. Not only that, in the very rare event that I would be lunatic enough to want to drive in London I was exempt from Congestion Charge.

Interestingly to have a new Ranger Rover converted to LPG invalidates the warranty for the entire vehicle whereas with some others, a Jeep for example, it only invalidates the warranty on the fuel system which seems much more reasonable.

There really must be a case for a factory option on LPG/Petrol dual fuel vehicle. Lexus offer a hybrid on their 4 x 4 but I think that's the only marque that has a factory fitted eco-option.

This is a democracy and if we choose to drive 4 x 4s and pay the price then it's our right to do so. It's funny how all the abuse is aimed at 4 x 4s and you don't get the same level of criticism aimed at Ferraris, Aston Martins, Bentleys and some big engined Mercedes and Beemers, all of which are less eco-friendly than many 4 x 4s.

I really wasn't going to reply as its a case of i have one so i will moan at paying the extra. We have a choice here and a chance to moan at things that upset us. I also don't like sitting next to fat people the type that invade my space but still pay the same price. The type that go on all inc holiday and eat and drink twice as much as every one else. The point i am making is if you want to drive a very large 4x4 you should in my opinion pay the price . The next time i park my little car (my choice because i care about costs to the environment ) next to a big range rover ETC in a car park and cant open my door. At least i can say he has paid more than me for that space so should get a little bit more.

Well down this way we have to pay for the car parking irrespective of whether you have a small or large car, so space has nothing to do with it. In fact I would guess there are very few car parks in the UK where you do not have to pay.

I think gentlemen and ladies, we are all of the mind that we all care for the environment, after all we are hunters are we not. And all hunters should and do care for the environment and the animals that we manage and hunt within the environment. But we all enjoy the freedom of choice without being penalised for it by the labour government.

Deforestation of the worlds rainforests, is a global problem, along with major pollution from big industry. These are the issues that should be being tackled, not taxing owners of 4x4's

Enough said on this issue from me.

6.5x55,

The new tax isn't about 4x4 paying the price it's about cars like the Vauxhall vectra 3.2 V6 and the BMW 325i paying higher tax than other vehicals it's about emissions and not about how many wheels drive your car forward.

I'm the prowd owner of a nissan pathfinder which incidentally when driven on the road is a 2 wheel drive vehical on engaging 4 wheel drive when really on the rough stuff, more economical than some of the car's and produce less emissions than some other well know makes of car.

6.5 x 55 said:
I really wasn't going to reply as its a case of i have one so i will moan at paying the extra. We have a choice here and a chance to moan at things that upset us. I also don't like sitting next to fat people the type that invade my space but still pay the same price. The type that go on all inc holiday and eat and drink twice as much as every one else. The point i am making is if you want to drive a very large 4x4 you should in my opinion pay the price . The next time i park my little car (my choice because i care about costs to the environment ) next to a big range rover ETC in a car park and cant open my door. At least i can say he has paid more than me for that space so should get a little bit more.

As always the truth finally comes out.

Its all about envy.

I was just going to mention...... but, I think enough has been mentioned on this particular subject.

I'm with Malcolm on this one, 'nuff said.

John

My Last Word: 6.5 you park you little car?, sold your van then?

The wife says:

Fat people? All inclusive holidays? 4x4s?
REALLY! Sounds like there are a lot of dislikes.

Are you the sort of Victor Meldrew type-too busy watching what others are up to to the point you cannot enjoy what you yourself has?

I would not like to meet you as I would be worried about the vehicle I turned up in, how much I weighed and where I'd spent my holidays. :eek:

Are you spawn of Blair? :evil:

Why should these cars be taxed more in the name of the environment? How does filling the coffers save the planet?
DO NOT SUCCUMB TO THE LIES!

Whats wrong with hugging trees? :lol: :lol Why is there such debate over one persons idiotic narrowminded crowings? Oh Lord I've been sucked in too.
Shame on you, as if we do not deal with enough prejudice in our lives as it is.
Did you hear a popping sound. Perhaps it was someone pulling their head out their arse?

The wife says: ( deertracker )

Enough said i think this has went low enough .But i didn't think what i said would be popular . But bringing the split arse in to the argument has really brought the blushes to my face. I hope she ain't a fat 4x4 driving split arse or i am in real trouble. Its about people being greedy and takeing more than there fair share. If that sounds petty then that's my opinion and i though Deerstalkers were broadminded.
I you are a sample of what a conservative government might bring i will vote as is. We might get hunting back but at what cost to the every Day working man.

Do you really believe in what you say? How on earth is somebody who BUYS a 4x4 and PAYS to run it, being greedy and taking more than their share. They are taking nothing, they are putting money into what you obviously see as the perfect Government. How can you reconcile referring to a woman as a split arse, and making reference to hormones and breast feeding, in another thread I will admit, with your ultra PC, although unproven, stand on matters concerning the enviroment.

This is not right is it, or are you a devouted Blairite. Just pay lip service and do or say as you wish? You really are a sad case.

John

My last word:

The drivers of 4 x 4s and other cars that use a lot of fuel do pay more tax in both car excise duty and fuel duty and the more we drive the more we pay. Seems fair to me!

Back