Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Javelin Carbon Fibre Bi Pod.

Javelin Carbon Fibre Bi Pod.

Been trying out the above this week and I'm most impressed !
    What's the verdict Guys, I think its Bye Bye Harris ?

If I could afford one then yes I'd def have one, buy the rifle adapters and use it on all my rifles. Funnily enough they were mentioned at work today and one of our supervisors is very good friends with the company owner. Maybe I should try and sweet talk a deal out of him.

Its true, they're not cheap but I've got to admit, they're really well made.
    I think that once you get used to "taking it in and out of your pocket" or whatever and fitting to the rifle , then they'll be a great piece of kit.
    Light, no springs, no clicks, they don't tend to catch in clothing or objects, nothing to seize up or rust and all made from carbon, aluminium and SS with strong magnets locking in the moving parts.
    I cant decide between a standard and long leg as yet though. I one I used was a standard and it fitted into the smock pocket really well. However, there just may be the time in deep heather or grass when a longer leg is preferable ?
    Last edited by Blackrider; 17-07-2015 at 22:29.

Can you put up some pics of it and the attachments that you fit it too on the rifle please

im also intrigued by these and I am also tempted by them but it's the having a rail or adaptor fitted to my stock that I'm not feeling the love to do that puts me off

Quote Originally Posted by Markfox View Post
    ... but it's the having a rail or adaptor fitted to my stock that I'm not feeling the love to do that puts me off
    Agree. I want to retain the std stud on the forend of my rifles. I'm not interested if I need to modify my rifle as I use a range of bipods that attach via the existing stud.

Regards

JCS

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Been trying out the above this week and I'm most impressed !
    What's the verdict Guys, I think its Bye Bye Harris ?
    I have to say i was well impressed when i bought mine, but is nowhere as stable as the Harris and slower to deploy... i went back to Harris and i'm not regretting.

I have one of these and they are a brilliant piece of kit, pricey I know but once you buy the bipod if you have more than one rifle it's the only bipod you'll ever need. I have the adapters on all three of my rifles so only need the one bipod for all of them.

a big bonus as well is the guys at javelin Simon and rob are top guys, they helped me out when I needed some different screws and sent them out to me free of charge the next day

I'm thinking the Long Leg option may be the better bet . The depth of heather or vegetation I usually come up against may well be overcome by the longer legs !

I keep humming, and harring, but every time I look at them at the show, find the legs don't open wide enough, and the rifle is prone to toppling over.

Shame, think the idea is very good.

Basically the ideal bipod would have the legs of the Harris (notched version) combined with the attachment system of the Javelin. I'm waiting for the Javlin mk 2 or 3.