Thread: V Max 87 Gr recipe.

V Max 87 Gr recipe.

Hiya, I'm a newbie to reloading, and as the weather is pants, have decided to do some rounds..

I am looking for info on Hornady V max 87gr in 243 cal. I can only find out about 85Gr...I'll be using Varget powder.....will this info be the same??

Take Aim at Rifle Reloading Data | Hodgdon Reloading

Thanks in advance.

As near as damn it, I wouldn't worry too much about a difference of two grains. However the usual caveat applies regarding safety work up your loads don't just jump in towards the top.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    As near as damn it, I wouldn't worry too much about a difference of two grains. However the usual caveat applies regarding safety work up your loads don't just jump in towards the top.
    Hiya, Thanks for getting back to me... I'll get to work then... Not got a lot of Varget left, mibbes enough for 100 rounds, so that's this morning taken care of... I will deffo start at the bottom load,...

Quote Originally Posted by Norrie1956 View Post
    Hiya, I'm a newbie to reloading, and as the weather is pants, have decided to do some rounds..

I am looking for info on Hornady V max 87gr in 243 cal. I can only find out about 85Gr...I'll be using Varget powder.....will this info be the same??

Take Aim at Rifle Reloading Data | Hodgdon Reloading

Thanks in advance.
    As a matter of practice, you should take the load data from the bullet of the next higher weight and start there, not try to extrapolate downward. In this case, a minimum 85 grain load will be fine/~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    As a matter of practice, you should take the load data from the bullet of the next higher weight and start there, not try to extrapolate downward. In this case, a minimum 85 grain load will be fine/~Muir
    Thanks Muir... Noted...

Hi
    I use 35.5 gr of Varget with 87g V-Max heads and get 2781fps out of my Tikka T3 Varmint with a 20" Barrel