Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Varberger 6.5x55

Varberger 6.5x55

My Varberger is for sale at Wiltshire Rod & Gun in Swindon. A well made Swedish rifle and in good condition with a nicely figured walnut stock. It has not been used since being stripped and cleaned by Patrick Croft last year. Mounts included, but not screwcut. 450 - photos are on guntrader.

Bump from a fellow Varberger owner.

These are superbly built rifles, I have a Sako 75 and the Varberger is always my preferred choice of the two.
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

I very nearly bought this rifle but went for a new CZ 550, I regret it is a really nice gun with a lovely stock overall really nice condition.

I have no links to the seller but as I've seen and handled the gun thought I'd chip in.

Thanks, guys. It'll be a good purchase for someone.

Go on JS - it will nicely fill in the 6,6.5 and 7mm trinity for you and I think I might have someone after the Sako - 'cos you know it'd never then get used
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    Go on JS - it will nicely fill in the 6,6.5 and 7mm trinity for you and I think I might have someone after the Sako - 'cos you know it'd never then get used
    Can someone please buy this......
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

I am surprised this rifle has not been grabbed up, I had up until fairly recently a Varberger in 7x57. They are superbly build rifles and very accurate and this one being in the popular and excellent 6.5x55 and at the bargain price being asked, it has to be an absolute winner for someone.
    The ORDNANCE QF 18 pounder Field Gun......I wonder if they will let me have one of these on an open ticket

Minor technicality; its advertised as a Model 717 on gun trader but I think it is actually the higher grade 757.