Thread: Meopta scope bloom

Meopta scope bloom

Hello all, I have an old Meopta 6x42 scope, it has been a wonderful scope on the 22.
    Just recently I have noticed a type of bloom on the glass, when looking through the wrong way.
    Using it normaly, at first glance it seems fine,[quality glass] but Im not 100 certain about clarity etc.
    Is there anywhere where one could get it overhauled? or do I get a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by levigsp View Post
    Hello all, I have an old Meopta 6x42 scope, it has been a wonderful scope on the 22.
    Just recently I have noticed a type of bloom on the glass, when looking through the wrong way.
    Using it normaly, at first glance it seems fine,[quality glass] but Im not 100 certain about clarity etc.
    Is there anywhere where one could get it overhauled? or do I get a new one?
    if it looks OK when you use it the right way round then I fail to see the problem? but if it really bothers you I will take it off you for the postage costs
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

I do believe Meopta will service it for you. Contact them and see.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    if it looks OK when you use it the right way round then I fail to see the problem? but if it really bothers you I will take it off you for the postage costs
    As stated it looks OK first glance, but I am uncertain and do not have another the same to compare!