Thread: Cylinder

Cylinder

Anyone have for sale a 300bar 12 litre cylinder in test, in the Northampton area please get in touch.
    Cheers

I ended up buying new from here:

Best Fittings - Airgun charging equipment - 12 Ltr 300 BAR

At least you then get a full length cert. 12ltr is also huge! 300 bar in a smaller one goes a very long way.
    MS
    Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 19-07-2015 at 10:50.

Be aware just because you buy a cylinder new from a dive shop etc it doesn't necessarily mean it still has full amount of test left on it.
    It could have been submitted for a hydro test then sat on shop floor for 18 months or less , or longer , you need to clarify before you buy , or physically check the test stamp on it .

Also lot of dive shops struggle to give you a 300 bar fill

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by sauer View Post
    Be aware just because you buy a cylinder new from a dive shop etc it doesn't necessarily mean it still has full amount of test left on it.
    It could have been submitted for a hydro test then sat on shop floor for 18 months or less , or longer , you need to clarify before you buy , or physically check the test stamp on it .

Also lot of dive shops struggle to give you a 300 bar fill

Paul
    To add what Paul has put, I tested dive bottles for a long time, also as a shooter I was able to deal with the air gunners far better than a lot of shops. 7 ltr was by far the most popular size as the 300's are super heavy.
    D.O.M date of manufacture will be on the crown, also by having a DIN valve with a gauge built into it, this in turn alters the speck making it know a surface cylinder with a 5 year periodic test.
    All 300 bar cyl's are DIN, you can be fooled by a 232 bar DIN valve but they will be fitted to a 232 cyl and have less threads therefore are not as deep as a 300 bar.

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Many thanks for the information to all, the weight is not an issue, but if anybody has a 7 litre out there I could be interested, if it is still in test.
    Cheers
    Les

I'd be Suprised if the dive shop in jimmys end can't sort something out fallowman have u given them a try ?
    regards
    norma

Been a while since I bought a cylinder but Google "go dive Derby "
    They were cheapest at the time

Paul