223 308 same powder?

Blaser R93

Hello

I am going to start with reloading and I want to use 1 powder for .223 and .308. Has anyone experience with this?
Tanks

Do you have a reloading manual? It's a page flip to answer your question.
For us it's tough to answer the question because I could give you a handful of choices but there is the chance that you wouldn't be able to get it locally -like Hodgdon's Varget powder. Great in both but classified "Unobtanium" in the precious commodities market these days.
See what you can get and then hit the manual or web sites to see what is compatible with both.~Muir

Muir is right. Sometimes it is not what is optimal but what you can get. Try RAMSHOT TAC which although a US powder is made in Europe for our market. Google Ramshot for their load data on pdf. TAC covers both your calibres.
Iain.

+1 for the TR140 (also sold as RS50). I use it in my 223 and 308. Some folks recon it's better suited to the 308, but I get great results IN 223 with 55gn heads. Cheap and plentiful at the moment though some dealers change more when it's branded RS 50.

Had exactly the same conundrum. Tried varget as a happy medium. Adequate in both. With me running out & availability dwindling I turned to n140. Good in 308 & went bang in 223 but didn't achieve what the round was capable of. Stuck to n140 for 308 & got n133 for 223. Happy with my decision. It depends on what you want from your set up. If you want the best from two calibers I would suggest two dedicated propellants.

Thanks,
ill see nobody doesnt have experience with this.
I have made my 223 with the N133 and still waithing for my 308 v-max (order it a year back at 3 shops)

I have the same calibres and use N140 for the 69g 223's (TMKs) and all my .308 loads. I use N133 for 60gr and lighter in 223. Tried N140 to do it all but it's simply too slow a burn rate to cover the range of bullets that I use for the 223 and results in very compressed loads if you use it with 60gr. Varget would seem like the obvious choice but lots using Ramshot TAC as well.

You don't say what bullet weights you intend to load in the pair, Blaser R93. Without this information, there is no chance of a reasoned reply.

+1 for N140
I use it for all .308 loads and 75gr amax in .223
I have used it for other .223 but would have to look it up. I usually use n133 for lighter .223 bullets

Back