Thread: Danish Dog Trackers - any good?

Danish Dog Trackers - any good?

Niels Søndergaard is coming to town next month. My dogs are too old to participate but I can go as a spectator with them. It is a several hundred miles drive. Anybody dealt with and if so how well is he regarded compared so Guy Wallace?

cheers
    Chuck
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

What i can gather Niels is at the top of his game. His book is held in high regard. I spoke to Guy 10 years ago when i got my lab bitch, He was very helpfull. The Europeans seem to have tracking down to a fine art. I would say if your into dogs a trip a to meet up with Niels would be well worth a bit of a treck.
    Regards Sean

U'd probably be better of leaving ur dogs behind and just going to learn/watch, very little benefit in taking them.

I'd say niels will be in a different league to most of the uk based tracking writters its only really been the last 5-10 years european techniques have really caught on over here and many of the most knowedgable uk based trackers will be members of this site or the relative uk tracking orgs. Most of the uk based books i have read are relatively poor

Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    U'd probably be better of leaving ur dogs behind and just going to learn/watch, very little benefit in taking them.

I'd say niels will be in a different league to most of the uk based tracking writters its only really been the last 5-10 years european techniques have really caught on over here and many of the most knowedgable uk based trackers will be members of this site or the relative uk tracking orgs. Most of the uk based books i have read are relatively poor
    ^^^^Sums it up nicely

Sounds good. Thanks.

Well booked my course and his books arrived last week. It will Bev two day course do well see how we go.

Hey Chuck. Are the books in English?

I assume so. You want me to get you a copy if its in English, my guess is it won't be cheap. The price of Guy Wallace's paperback brought tears to my eyes.