Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Re tattoo fad

Re tattoo fad

I am wondering if I am alone in hating the desecration of the bodies we are born with for no obvious good reason other than keeping up with the pack/rabble by having huge multicoloured tattoos on many visible body parts.
    Lord knows whats hidden.
    As an old fart they make me uncomfortable as it always suggests sublime aggression in a pikey kind of form to me.
    I may have stirred up a hornets nest but it bothers me and had to vent the old spleen but know I cannot change the worlds direction.
    Martin

I've got a couple of modest tattoos, but they're not on display and they mean something to me. I know where you're coming from though. I've nothing against them really, and it's a personal choice, but I really hate to see so many on women, in particular. Especially idiotic (to me) things like massive angels wings on their back, or garlands over their chest, or those ones on the back of the neck, or all the way up their legs. It just strikes me as a pretty daft thing to do just for the sake of fashion. And I personally don't find it at all attractive
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Surely, as with any aspect of art/fashion/design it's (a) all in the eye of the beholder and (b) entirely context dependent.

Done well, by someone with a good eye and a personal reason to do it and a bit of creativity, it can be lovely. Done badly by someone with little or no aesthetic sense, no real origonality and no real personal touch, it can be appalling. Just like anything else.

You might as well get worked up about houses, cars, clothes, watches, haircuts etc etc etc. Life is too short, and if the wearer is happy, then that's really all that matters.

I've got a few too and can honestly say they were never chosen for fashion or to go along with a trend. Certain tattoos I think look bad (HMP LEWES across your knuckles) but others look amazing and as for women I am quite partial to a fit tattooed lady. Check out Kinessa Johnson and you'll get the idea ;-)

And, let's not forget, there are plenty of us (myself very much included) who need no extra artwork to make the rest of the world recoil in horror!

Many years ago I had a horrendous tattoo done while falling about drunk in Canada , had it covered with a nice woodland scene with Roebuck last xmas and couldn't be happier.

I have been watching the Tattoo Nightmare series recently, where those seriously talented artists incorporate a bad scratch job into a wonderful piece of work, & some of those modern ink colours are great.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn71 View Post
    Many years ago I had a horrendous tattoo done while falling about drunk in Canada , had it covered with a nice woodland scene with Roebuck last xmas and couldn't be happier.
    Yes mate you had some crazy times in Canada..... so i thought everyone would like to see that tattoo....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unicorn_tattoos_21.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	59283
    And yet another 7mm-08 user...

Quote Originally Posted by Rotwild View Post
    Yes mate you had some crazy times in Canada..... so i thought everyone would like to see that tattoo....

You are officially a git and revenge will be mine-anyway mine was worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotwild View Post

Who needs enemies?
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care