Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Midges

Midges

Right all you brave stalkers, my first post so help me out please. Two questions.
    One - the midge magnet, any advise, does it work, thinking of buying one.
    Two - been told if i take garlic tablets everyday this stops them biting and also helps the dogs ?

Walk into your local Tesco, buy a bottle of Smidge. Problem solved.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Skin so soft from Avon with citronella in.
    Vitamin b+1 is very good but need to take a few before they kick in. I forgot what they have in which the little critters hate.

smidge is best so for but not 100% skin so soft ermmmmmmmmmmmm give up with, but thanks

smidge is he ll ish in your eyes, you need a net and gloves to keep them off. Sit the dog 50 yards away too he attracts them as well
    forget your gloves and there out like this... what a joy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00628.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	327.7 KB 
ID:	59319

Get a midge net hood smock

Quote Originally Posted by tunskeen View Post
    Get a midge net hood smock
    Well said tunskeen, Dont just buy any net cause a lot of them are too open for midges, the head net you purchase has to be very fine and tucked into your shirt/fleece etc or you will get ate alive, always use most types of barrier cream first to stop any reactions from most chemicals on your hands OR just wear gloves. I have a farm that i deal with the pigeons and am mostly static and if you purchase the right gear first time you will not even think about midges but buy the wrong stuff and you will wish you had stayed in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by s threlfall View Post
    Right all you brave stalkers, my first post so help me out please. Two questions.
    One - the midge magnet, any advise, does it work, thinking of buying one.
    Two - been told if i take garlic tablets everyday this stops them biting and also helps the dogs ?
    What you got to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by AlasdairM View Post
    What you got to sell?
    That's what I'm thinking

Moray outfitters on here sell very good midge jackets/hoodies, i have a few so i always have 1 handy in van/shed/game bag, absloute life saver and not dear either, worth every penny and i'm a tight scot.

I've been taking both garlic and vitamen B tablets this year, not convinced there making any difference, possibly they dinae bite just as much but still crawl all over u but still not even convinced of that.

SSS no longer works for me, used to be excellent, got some smidge but tend just to put my jacket on now