Kids Hunting Set

White Hart

Just took delivery of a toy hunting set for the boy. I thought it would be a good educational toy as he can learn what species are what etc, there's a Red Stag, Fallow Buck, Roe Buck and a fox. Got a way to go though as he's only a month old! But I got carried away and could resist!

image.jpg

I ordered it from Germany wouldn't imagine for one minute you could get it here In the UK! What countryside / educational toys are out there for kids? I want him to grow up with a tackle box not an x box!

WH

Just took delivery of a toy hunting set for the boy. I thought it would be a good educational toy as he can learn what species are what etc, there's a Red Stag, Fallow Buck, Roe Buck and a fox. Got a way to go though as he's only a month old! But I got carried away and could resist!

View attachment 59363

I ordered it from Germany wouldn't imagine for one minute you could get it here In the UK! What countryside / educational toys are out there for kids? I want him to grow up with a tackle box not an x box!

WH

hahah I want one!!!!

When I was a kid, fifty years ago, my brother got one Christmas a clockwork rabbit the ran on wheels. It was plastic and looked like a jellymould. And a rubber dart firing, plastic, side by side double barrel shot gun. From the fabulous Louis Marx!

And, gosh, when I looked on eBay there was one...so you know I'm not making it up. Harry Potter? Huh! Kids today, at least if your parents could afford them, don't know what real toys were.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/louis-marx-hunter-and-target-game-rabbit-and-darts-50s-toy-box-/181766104139

But those darts never did stick to the rabbit and it went so fast, indoors on carpet, it'd reached the wall and stopped before you got much of a shot. And no time for that second barrel.

Last edited:
Nice one mate , worth a go definately. Mine is 16 now and although he quite likes shooting he'd rather drive the truck than shoot!

I do like the look of that Playmobil set, think that one will be in my daughters stocking for xmas , she is showing more signs of the hunting instinct than her older bro.

Back