Thread: Ranges

Ranges

Anyone have a source of listings of H.O. approved ranges, (privately owned , or club operated)?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

You may get it on the NRA web site.

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Anyone have a source of listings of H.O. approved ranges, (privately owned , or club operated)?
    Steve as you probably know it is the club that has H.O approval and not the range. Many H.O. approved clubs do not have their own range but rely upon hiring either a M.O.D. range or one belonging to another club.

Some years back when ranges needed to have range safety certificates issued by the army a friend of mine managed to obtain a list from the army H.Q. in Brecon of all the ranges that they had previously issued range safety certificates for in Wales but the list didn't indicate if the range was still in operation or had fallen into disrepair.
    The NRA may be able to supply a list of clubs that are affiliated to them and they may also have a list of ranges but it will not be extensive as the approval process changed some time ago and many private ranges may have had no involvement with the NRA whatsoever.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.