Police Scotland - Aberdeen, Queen St

JockStalk

Variation in on Friday, back in the mail today. Three working days.

Maria and Louise at Queen St Firearms Licensing - I love your work.

Jim

+1 for the ladies at Queen Street - variation in on Monday, back on Friday.
If you are able to hand the paperwork into Queen Street and offer to collect it from Queen Street it is even quicker, because the mail going out of Queen Street goes to Glasgow for sorting!!

Cheers

Bruce

They're always nice and helpful, even in the face of being massively under resourced.
I've a change of address and a variation to put in shortly, hopefully if I offer to drop and collect, it'll go through as quick !

Last edited:
+1 for the ladies at Queen Street - variation in on Monday, back on Friday.
If you are able to hand the paperwork into Queen Street and offer to collect it from Queen Street it is even quicker, because the mail going out of Queen Street goes to Glasgow for sorting!!

Cheers

Bruce
Can you enlighten us further? Nothing would surprise me, this could well be some bean counting plonker's idea of efficiency. I was told ages ago that certificates are only signed on Thursday in Queen St. Checking signature dates does seem to back this up, but I noticed it took more than a week for my recent renewal to progress from signature date to postmark date, and then it took 3 days to get 30 miles north of Aberdeen!

That said, I do agree that they are always helpful, polite and efficient compared to some of the horror stories related on here.

Variation in 6 weeks past this Monday and still waiting at Dumfries & Galloway ,in the past before it changed to police Scotland I've seen me getting it in 3 days:cry:

Is that French street you are under bigyin? I've heard they are having huge problems with under-staffing and things are taking a long time to get through there.

Can you enlighten us further? Nothing would surprise me, this could well be some bean counting plonker's idea of efficiency. I was told ages ago that certificates are only signed on Thursday in Queen St. Checking signature dates does seem to back this up, but I noticed it took more than a week for my recent renewal to progress from signature date to postmark date, and then it took 3 days to get 30 miles north of Aberdeen!

That said, I do agree that they are always helpful, polite and efficient compared to some of the horror stories related on here.

All Aberdeen's mail used to be sent via TNT, which meant it was all taken to Glasgow to be sorted before being delivered back up North! They're now using Royal Mail so should be quicker.

Crikey you boys have done well!

Initial grant submitted January 2015... paperwork due in about 2 weeks time........................ that's 10 months!! That said the girls in the office and the FEO that came out were very good to deal with and apologetic about the time frame.

Mike

+1 for how helpful Maria is. When I first got my FAC earlier this year I had a non-firearms officer go over my application (I think). Well I didnt know you had to list moderators and the officer didnt mention it but Maria sorted it all out for me and as above was done in a few days.

Think I was lucky with timings also. Once I had my home visit (withing the 4 week window) I had my FAC back in 2 weeks.

Back