Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reloading Solutions

Reloading Solutions

Yesterday I got a case well and truly stuck in a sizing die. Tried a few tricks to get it out but no joy and I was never really happy with it anyway. One phone call to the girls at Reloading Solutions and a new Reading one was delivered less than 24hrs later for 28 +5 postage. Outstanding service.

if you feel that you have not damaged the die ! I will get the case out if you wish

There are threads on here telling you ways to get a stuck case out, it's very easy.

I know the theory of how to get it out but I don't have a tap to thread the case and the decapping pin would have been in the way of drilling the hole. Also, if its so stuck that the press has ripped the rim off then who's to say it would come out anyway. As a last resort I tried to knock it out with the decapping rod but this just bent and almost broke through the head of the case.

The other thing to consider is the time and hassle factor; I hate to give in to the throwaway style of doing things but for 28 it's cheaper and easier than messing around with it plus I wanted a Reading die in the first place.

If anyone wants a challenge then they are welcome to it (Hornady 7mm-'08 FL) but the pin is buggered and I am keeping the locking ring as this is the best bit of the Hornady dies.

Spud has removed a couple of cases for me , I believe he has yet to be beaten ?
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Quote Originally Posted by tackb View Post
    Spud has removed a couple of cases for me , I believe he has yet to be beaten ?
    I know he has a good reputation but by the time I had driven over to him or posted it both ways and given him a drink it would have worked out more than the new die.

Glyn,
    If you do want it done for the cost of the postage, send it my way and I'll send it back.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by FreshFace View Post
    Glyn,
    If you do want it done for the cost of the postage, send it my way and I'll send it back.
    Steve
    Thats a kind offer Steve but I have no further use for it.

Hi Glyn i had a problem trying to F/L some .243 cases, i was using lymans spray lube and every so often one would get well and truly stuck in the die, i put the die in a vice, took off the nut that adjusts the depth of the decapping pin placed a small socket from my socket set over the end of the pin, put a washer over the socket put the nut back on, wound the nut down until the decapping pin came out, then punched the case out from the inside job done. Give it a go you have nothing to loose.
    I took some cased to our friend jc43 we tried a different lube and had no further trouble, because i could not get rcbs lube locally i made some up using a mixture of lanolin and isoproponol and have never had a problem since cheers Geoff

I had quite a few get stuck when using lyman spray lube until I realized I only had propellant left in the can (cant have been shaking it enough). I remove the nut that locks the decapping pin and drift the pin and case out through the die with a piece of dowling.
    I usually end up wrecking the case getting it off the pin though