Thread: Dentist Dramas

Dentist Dramas

What has happened to Dental services in England? I haven't seen the same dentist twice in the last 10 years and I can't remember the last time I saw one that spoke more than a few words of English. Also, its called NHS but I have to pay for it? Of all the things that are broken in Broken Britain dentistry has to be near the top of the list.

Go private. There are different agreements depending on where you go and there maybe choices within practices, but the benefits are very good generally. The dentist has to be good or he wouldn't have any patients.

This is the sort of thing I have: You generally pay a monthly amount, say 13-15 and for that you get two check-ups and polishes a year and access to emergency treatment. Any routine work that needs done, fillings, extractions etc. is usually not too different to NHS prices anyway. You always see your own dentist (holidays etc. apart). They will explain what is what, give you options for treatment and you get to choose after having had good advice.

I go every 6 months and have seen the same asian female dentist for the last 7 years and she speaks perfect english, it costs me 18.50 for a checkup and polish.
    So not everywere is bad just most.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    I go every 6 months and have seen the same asian female dentist for the last 7 years and she speaks perfect english, it costs me 18.50 for a checkup and polish.
    So not everywere is bad just most.
    Same here every 6 months check up 13.50 then pay for treatment last time had teeth polished at a cost of 23 and always see the same Dentist

Keep Smiling

Paul D

I go every 12 months have had the same dentist for many years. Very good and she knows I hate fillings which I have not had for a very long time.

D

I've had the same NHS dentist for about 15years, and been with the same practice for over 20.
    If it came to pass that I had to change for whatever reason, I would stick at it until I found an NHS dentist with whom to register, rather than sign up to some private insurance deal.
    I accept though that, living in the centre of the universe as I do, I might find that NHS folk more easily than in other areas.