Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Varget availability

Varget availability

Today I spoke to James at Blue Fox Glade and asked about Varget. Apparently there is a big shipment due in very soon and there will be more than enough to fill back orders and to supply everybody who wants it.

Now we have all heard this before so my two tubs are closely guarded however should it be true then there will be a lot of very happy reloaders in the UK.

D

Wonder if the ones who now are happy with the none usa powder drift back to it ??? then to find out it all go's tits again

When I started reloading last year I sourced two tubs of Varget from a shop quite local to me. Hearing about the problems with supply I went with a different powder instead and left the varget alone...... Glad I did as the alternative is readily available and produces super accurate rounds for me!

My RFD say's the same.....
    And yet another 7mm-08 user...

Hope you get some. We have very sporadic supplies. One of our biggest shops locally got in 10 pounds last time; it was gone in minutes.~Muir

I for one will not go back, just too much of a pain.

Might go back, if i can buy a stock pile

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    Today I spoke to James at Blue Fox Glade and asked about Varget. Apparently there is a big shipment due in very soon and there will be more than enough to fill back orders and to supply everybody who wants it.
    D
    Err, I don't want rain on anybody's parade, but Edgar Brothers currently have 15,000lb of VarGet on back-order from Kansas and don't realistically expect to see a fraction of that amount this lifetime. (Also, don't forget Edgars isn't just the UK importer / distributor for IMR / Hodgdon / Alliant; they do that job for all of Europe, so it's not just us waiting for the next and subsequent shipments.)

I'm sure there will be more coming, but it'll still be a case of early birds and worms and all that stuff and the lucky retail outlets on Egdar Bros' favoured status lists will be sold out as soon as you can say 'greased weasels'. FWIW I let a mate on the GB FTR team have my last 3 1/2 tins at what I paid for them and stocked up on Reload Swiss RS50 and 52 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Err, I don't want rain on anybody's parade, but Edgar Brothers currently have 15,000lb of VarGet on back-order from Kansas and don't realistically expect to see a fraction of that amount this lifetime. (Also, don't forget Edgars isn't just the UK importer / distributor for IMR / Hodgdon / Alliant; they do that job for all of Europe, so it's not just us waiting for the next and subsequent shipments.)

I'm sure there will be more coming, but it'll still be a case of early birds and worms and all that stuff and the lucky retail outlets on Egdar Bros' favoured status lists will be sold out as soon as you can say 'greased weasels'. FWIW I let a mate on the GB FTR team have my last 3 1/2 tins at what I paid for them and stocked up on Reload Swiss RS50 and 52 instead.
    I didn't want to be so blunt you are right. Wishful thinking. So many large retailers here in the US are back ordered. It trickles in a few pounds at a time. As I mentioned in my post, a very large store in my region that out sells Cabelas got in 10 pounds over the last 5 months. Gone in an afternoon.~Muir

I haven't seen any here for over a year now . There have been a few small shipments but they're gone the same day . Luckily , we get plenty of Reloaded 15 and IMR 4064 which I can use in the same range of cartridges . That being said , I'd buy up as much Varget as I could get my hands on . It's a great powder .

AB