Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Smock [Or] Another Smock thread!

Which Smock [Or] Another Smock thread!

I've been after a smock recently, and didnt want to spend Swazi Goretex money on it.
    Mainly because I wanted something that would fully cover my behind, and the full length of the swanndri bush-shirt.

Thought about Nomads stealth smock....Still thinking about it.

Anyways Swedteam have just this very month, [or last month, July 2015] brought out a budget ultra light anorak/smock, made from their own 'tex' convertex. Which Ive just took a punt on, after examining my options.

[Swedteam also do the titan smock, goretex, which'll set you back a pretty penny. About £350ish]

The Swedteam Ultra Light Stalking Smock in Green. £154.95 from black island outfitters.

Swedteam Ultra Light Waterproof Smock/Anorak-Waterproof Breathable Covertex Membrane- A 3 Layer product- Wind Resistant- REDUCED NOISE for Stalking/Walking- Generous Front pkts- Hand Wrmers x 2-Zippers for greater ventilation- Front zipper to get off and on- Bino /glove pkt at front-Soft reduced noise matieral-Covers the Backside! Great new Stalking at a great price -Sizes 36"-50" Colour Olive GreenNB NOT available until July 2015
    Price £154.95

Anyway, hope this one suits!

Last edited by Dave1973; 24-07-2015 at 07:40.

You say you didn't want to spend swazi money on it but for the sake of another £50-70 I would have definitely gone for the swazi.... There's nothing that comes close.
    Hope this one does you well, but having had numerous lesser smocks, I can say I never tried one than keeps you as dry and is as breathable as the swazi.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    You say you didn't want to spend swazi money on it but for the sake of another £50-70 I would have definitely gone for the swazi.... There's nothing that comes close.
    Hope this one does you well, but having had numerous lesser smocks, I can say I never tried one than keeps you as dry and is as breathable as the swazi.
    No. I said I didnt want to spend swazi goretex money on it. You cant get a swazi goretex for another £50-£70.

I already have a swanndri bush-shirt, and will layer it under the swedteam.

Did you mean the nahanni?
    Last edited by Dave1973; 24-07-2015 at 06:50.

There's a tahr on here for £200 in nearly new condition, and when I bought mine direct from NZ, it cost £227 this end....... So yes, you can. Hey often have sales, and if you're registered with them they give you vouchers for free shipping on your birthday too...
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    There's a tahr on here for £200 in nearly new condition,.......
    Just bought that. Great stuff deerstalker....

[Thanks for pointing it out! ]
    Last edited by Dave1973; 24-07-2015 at 07:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1973 View Post
    I've been after a smock recently, and didnt want to spend Swazi Goretex money on it.
    Mainly because I wanted something that would fully cover my behind, and the full length of the swanndri bush-shirt.

Thought about Nomads stealth smock....Still thinking about it.

Anyways Swedteam have just this very month, [or last month, July 2015] brought out a budget ultra light anorak/smock, made from their own 'tex' convertex. Which Ive just took a punt on, after examining my options.

[Swedteam also do the titan smock, goretex, which'll set you back a pretty penny. About £350ish]

The Swedteam Ultra Light Stalking Smock in Green. £154.95 from black island outfitters.

Swedteam Ultra Light Waterproof Smock/Anorak-Waterproof Breathable Covertex Membrane- A 3 Layer product- Wind Resistant- REDUCED NOISE for Stalking/Walking- Generous Front pkts- Hand Wrmers x 2-Zippers for greater ventilation- Front zipper to get off and on- Bino /glove pkt at front-Soft reduced noise matieral-Covers the Backside! Great new Stalking at a great price -Sizes 36"-50" Colour Olive GreenNB NOT available until July 2015
    Price £154.95

Anyway, hope this one suits!

Doesn't look to be far off the Rivers West Hill Pro Smock - other than price.

http://www.swillingtonshootingsupplies.co.uk/store/product/11934/Rivers-West-Hill-Pro-Smock/

Attachment 59440

ive got a stoney creek long bush shirt, i think it was called, ive had it a few years and its seen some bad weather and its never let a drop in its not sweaty in warm weather either i cant rate it enough i dont know if they still do them but i got mine from bush wear for £120 if i remember rightly

Your right, its very like the Rivers west hill pro and what a jacket.

Got mine at the CLA last year for £100 great piece of kit.

If your not stalking dense cover Paramo is worth a look very comfortable to wear and most rain resistant clothing I have ever had- including Swazi and Nomad
    downside is- it would easily tear on wire, blackthorn

Ridgeline smocks look okay...