Thread: Scope problem

Scope problem

Hi guys I have a hawke varmint scope on my .22lr but I seem to get a shadow at the bottom of it. It seems like it's getting a bit of the silencer in the view. Is there anything I can do?
    Regards dan

Take the silencer off

lol

could you turn the magnification up a touch and it'll dissipear perhaps

Had this problem with NV equipment - Getting glare back into the scope when the attached rifle lamp was reflecting off the moderator.
    Worth trying what solved that problem. Get a piece of tape (insulation or similar) and blank out the lower third of the scope objective lens.
    Yes you will loose some light but I think/hope it will cure your problem.
    You don't need to stick the tape on the lens - stick it across the aperture. You can then experiment and get the smallest size that does the job.
    Let me know how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn View Post
    Had this problem with NV equipment - Getting glare back into the scope when the attached rifle lamp was reflecting off the moderator.
    I've long thought the best place for the lamp is underneath the barrel, for that very reason.

I had the same problem on my .22lr and had a neoprene cover for the shotgun barrels, I cut a piece to fit the SAK on the .22 and never had another problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    I've long thought the best place for the lamp is underneath the barrel, for that very reason.
    I tried attaching the lamp to the underside of the mod on my. 22 which worked ok, but looked a bit weird and made the rifle rather clumsy. Solved the problem of glare though! Tape over part of the objective is a better bet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437928625.840774.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	59509 I have no problem with glare
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

It's not glare I can see it any time I look through the scope. Is it because I have a sun shade on it?

Quote Originally Posted by danban View Post
    Hi guys I have a hawke varmint scope on my .22lr but I seem to get a shadow at the bottom of it. It seems like it's getting a bit of the silencer in the view. Is there anything I can do?
    Regards dan
    Have you thought of fitting higher mounts on the scope? It has its downsides, but might get rid of your shadow.

What magnification is the scope, shadowing will be more of a problem at low mag.