Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: AW available for Home Counties, Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire & Oxfordshire

  1. #1

    AW available for Home Counties, Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire & Oxfordshire

    You need to sort out the ground but I'm happy to do it for petrol money alone.

    Just PM me if interested.

    Jack

  2. #2
    Top man RL, that is a splendid offer ,its expensive enough as it is to gain your DSC2 and AW's offering there services for just covering expenses is brilliant.More people might try and get into stalking and gain the DSC2 if more AW's took your mindset on it,

    top marks

    kjf

  3. #3
    SD Regular willie_gunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    Posts
    6,995
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjf View Post
    Top man RL, that is a splendid offer ,its expensive enough as it is to gain your DSC2 and AW's offering there services for just covering expenses is brilliant.More people might try and get into stalking and gain the DSC2 if more AW's took your mindset on it,

    top marks

    kjf
    It is indeed a very good offer, and full credit to RuralLondoner.

    You might be surprised how many AW's do the same. I am amazed how few candidates actually bother calling round the various AW's beforehand.

    Also I doubt many people are put off getting into stalking by the cost of DSC2, so I don't quite know why you feel the need to lay the blame for that at the door of AW's as well.

    Bad experience perhaps?
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjf View Post
    Top man RL, that is a splendid offer ,its expensive enough as it is to gain your DSC2 and AW's offering there services for just covering expenses is brilliant.More people might try and get into stalking and gain the DSC2 if more AW's took your mindset on it,

    top marks

    kjf
    Not just DSC2 Witnessing; my car needs an MOT and its a hell of a job to find someone to do it for nothing or expenses only. Bloody selfish Mechanics.

  5. #5
    My view is that everyone has the right to make a living.

    I'll do it for free partly because I owe the stalking community a few favours but mainly because I've pulled the trigger plenty of times and witnessing is an interesting new challenge. The problem with me is that I don't have great availability due to other commitments so could never make a living from it.

    As with everything in life, you get what you pay for. I'm not the man if you need a flexible, experienced AW with their own ground but, if money's a challenge, you've got land and you can be flexible about dates - I'm worth a call.

    There are great pros out their worth every penny they charge. I'm offering something a bit different.

    J

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    Not just DSC2 Witnessing; my car needs an MOT and its a hell of a job to find someone to do it for nothing or expenses only. Bloody selfish Mechanics.
    I can honestly say of all the portfolio's i have signed off, 1 has not been on my ground.

    All the others have been on my permissions, all free certainly since i stopped taking paying clients about 6-7 years ago, in fact most of my cull of red, roe and muntjac for those years have been done by DMQ L2 candidates.

    But in recent years i have just been keeping a low profile as an AW becasue one of the candidates didn't say thankyou and another robbed a bit of ground from me.

    So now i interview then pick and choose my candidates accordingly.

    Being an AW is rewarding , but when you have a bad run you really do wonder why you bother!

    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

    please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

  7. #7
    SD Regular willie_gunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    Posts
    6,995
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    To be clear, I fully support what you are doing 100%. I am also in the fortunate position of being able to witness as a way of putting something back but, like you, have limited flexibility in that stalking is not my full-time job...more's the pity.

    My comments were aimed more at the implication in the original reply that AW's are somehow in it for the money and consequently discourage new entrants into stalking. Gaining your DSC2 needn't cost an arm and a leg, but there is some onus on the candidate to do their homework in terms of researching the various AW's and balancing the results with their own time, resources and flexibility.

    My experience suggests that no-one gets rich on witnessing alone!
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

  8. #8
    Gents , my reply wasn't aimed at anyone or meant anything towards any AW,s , I know a lot of AW,s do it for free , my AW is not charging me for his services.My reply does look as if I'm saying all AW,s are in it for the money, this wasn't my intention.

    still top marks to RL and all the other AW 's who do it for nowt

    atb

    kjf

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    To be clear, I fully support what you are doing 100%. I am also in the fortunate position of being able to witness as a way of putting something back but, like you, have limited flexibility in that stalking is not my full-time job...more's the pity.

    My comments were aimed more at the implication in the original reply that AW's are somehow in it for the money and consequently discourage new entrants into stalking. Gaining your DSC2 needn't cost an arm and a leg, but there is some onus on the candidate to do their homework in terms of researching the various AW's and balancing the results with their own time, resources and flexibility.

    My experience suggests that no-one gets rich on witnessing alone!
    Couldn't agree more!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjf View Post
    Gents , my reply wasn't aimed at anyone or meant anything towards any AW,s , I know a lot of AW,s do it for free , my AW is not charging me for his services.My reply does look as if I'm saying all AW,s are in it for the money, this wasn't my intention.

    still top marks to RL and all the other AW 's who do it for nowt

    atb

    kjf
    Good stuff! Thanks so much for the support.

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted Deer stalking Surrey, Kent, Sussex, Hampshire
    By slockyer in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-03-2015, 13:14
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2014, 08:26
  3. Wanted Novice looking for stalking in Hampshire, Surrey and Sussex please
    By rodderz54 in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-09-2013, 07:42
  4. Wanted Deer stalking - kent, Surrey, Essex, east and west Sussex including home counties
    By philip in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-08-2012, 18:30
  5. Wanted Stalking in berkshire, oxfordshire , surrey and hampshire
    By stalker003 in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 23:53

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •