Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: L200, Hilux or Nissan navara?

L200, Hilux or Nissan navara?

Hi

thinking of changing truck to either L200, Hilux or Navara. Would be 2006/7 onwards up to around 7500.

Quite like the L200 but have read some mixed reviews on them, as with the other two I mention.

any recommendations or ones to avoid would be appreciated.

thanks in advance John
    Last edited by J o h n; 26-07-2015 at 20:40. Reason: spelling!

Hilux
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Get the pop corn out

L200 for that sort of cash don't think you'll get a decent hilux of that age for that sort of money might be wrong the hilux seems to hold strong money .
    your asking something along the lines of SAKO TIKKA BLASER
    norma

Hi lux and a blaser

Quote Originally Posted by J o h n View Post
    Hi

thinking of changing truck to either L200, Hilux or Navara. Would be 2006/7 onwards up to around 7500.

Quite like the L200 but have read some mixed reviews on them, as with the other two I mention.

any recommendations or ones to avoid would be appreciated.

thanks in advance John
    My 58 rc ranger had 36k on it and was 56+ the vat....drives nice, found a truckman for 100 (not the best but works ok)
    Seat belts are pants but the rest is all good...grease points on the prop so a good excuse to crawl under and check things over....

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

If your doing a lot off serious off-road then Hi-Lux, if more road work as well as off-road then I would go for the L200. Not got any comment on the Navara, Wouldn't get one myself.

M

Only ever driven the Navara once. That was across the Chobe to help someone who had discovered both the diff lock and the four wheel drive had failed. Not the best place to this to happen. Wasn't very keen on it to be honest but at 100kph plus across a sand track it was entertaining to say the very least. Scrumbag of this site got the Hilux and it was a completely different animal.

David.

I tried all 3 and found the Hilux to be best for what I needed, looked at loads of them before I found the right one, make sure you check the chassis is straight and has no repairs I saw quite a few that I think had been used as tanks, looked good body wise but underneath were battered. Eventually found a 12 plate twin cab, fsh one owner 70000 on it and just had the belt done, drove it away for 8k, had it a month now and it has been great, done a round trip to Bath from Stockport with 1 stop and then went to Penrith next day with a ton of wheat in the back right up on to the fells drove around the shoot for a while, dry farmland, boggy areas and steep farm tracks it just took it all in its stride. All the best with your choice.

Scoby 270