Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Khales rifle scopes

Khales rifle scopes

Two questions:

First, can anyone recommend a shop which carries a good selection of Khales scopes? I am struggling to locate any in the Greater London area which do. Travelling, even long distances, hold no fear for me. Am trying to avoid a trip to Austria!

Second question, for someone who takes shots at no more than 200 metres, is there any advantage to having scope with the reticle in the first focal plane, i.e. reticle increases in size as magnification increases?

thanks to all.

cant help with stockists, however the kahles website does list UK suppliers

At no more than 200 metres i cannot see any advantage of FFP scopes
    7mm-08 of course!

FFP scopes are better if you intend to range off the reticle or dial in corrections based on angular measurements made using the reticle. If you don't do these things then it doesn't make much difference and becomes personal preference

Apologies, it should read Kahles!

The Kahles ZFM reticle on a fixed power, like 6x42, is a super scope...has it all, and in simplicity.
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...ght=kahles+zfm

But if you are only shooting at 200 meters maximum, for hunting, just sight your rifle an inch high at 100 meters and you can practically hold dead on to 200.
    I zero mine at 200 yards, and nearly 2.0 inches high at 100, 7 inch drop at 300.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    Two questions:

First, can anyone recommend a shop which carries a good selection of Khales scopes? I am struggling to locate any in the Greater London area which do. Travelling, even long distances, hold no fear for me. Am trying to avoid a trip to Austria!

Second question, for someone who takes shots at no more than 200 metres, is there any advantage to having scope with the reticle in the first focal plane, i.e. reticle increases in size as magnification increases?

thanks to all.

Try these stockists

http://www.ruag.co.uk/userfiles/file...t_for_web2.pdf

RUAG don't seem very organised re KAHLES scopes, however Gregor is keen to sell them.

R Macleod & Son Ross-Shire 01862 892 171

Regards

JCS

I got mine from Gregor and am very pleased with it. Certainly equal to my other scopes

Has anyone got the Kahles Helia 5 2.5-12x56?

BW

Wills