Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New licences from police scotland missing section 5 conditions

New licences from police scotland missing section 5 conditions

I heard of 3 licences yesterday that had been in for renewal and had been returned with section 5 left out by mistake , leaving the holder unable to buy or keep ammunition.

Check those tickets as as as they come in guys. As I am hearing it's taking months to have it rectified

Not sure what you mean....do you mean specifically expanding ammunition, or ammo in general? Expanding ammo is Condition 6 on mine. There is no Section 5 on my certificate. Authority to keep ammunition is Section 2. Ammunition purchases to be recorded on Table 2. Mines all OK anyway

[QUOTE=gerarddwatts;998979]Not sure what you mean....do you mean specifically expanding ammunition, or ammo in general? Expanding ammo is Condition 6 on mine. There is no Section 5 on my certificate. Authority to keep ammunition is Section 2. Ammunition purchases to be recorded on Table 2. Mines all OK anyway[/QUOTE

on new or renewal tickets section 5 is the authority to buy / keep expanding ammunition , this is missed out altogether , i was in my local gunshop on sunday when a chap came in to buy some and had to be refused, the shop manager said he was the third person in that morning he had to turn away

I'm sure you are right....but....my renewal was issued 3 weeks ago...

Section 1 'Firearms posessed or authorised'...etc etc..
    Section 2 'Ammunition including expanding ammunition and expanding missiles'

Conditions 1-6 on 1st and 2nd page...condition 5..AOLQ, condition 6 'The holder of this certificate may posess, purchase or acquire expanding ammunition.

It sounds as though some-one has forgotten to put in the condition relating to expanding ammunition/missiles, whether it be 5 or 6.

Worth checking though..where was yours done? Glasgow I guess. Serves him right for going in a gun shop on the sabbath!!

mines is not up till 2017 , but yes they would all be done in glagow

Quote Originally Posted by gerarddwatts View Post
    I'm sure you are right....but....my renewal was issued 3 weeks ago...

Section 1 'Firearms posessed or authorised'...etc etc..
    Section 2 'Ammunition including expanding ammunition and expanding missiles'

Conditions 1-6 on 1st and 2nd page...condition 5..AOLQ, condition 6 'The holder of this certificate may posess, purchase or acquire expanding ammunition.

It sounds as though some-one has forgotten to put in the condition relating to expanding ammunition/missiles, whether it be 5 or 6.

Worth checking though..where was yours done? Glasgow I guess. Serves him right for going in a gun shop on the sabbath!!
    Are there gun shops open on Sundays? If they're not blasted by a bolt of lightning beforehand then the Free Church of Scotland will have them shut down immediately.

Seriously, I think SS is referring to Section 5 of the Firearms Act allowing 'prohibited' expanding ammo & missiles. I think the numbering of the Conditions is sequential and varies by FAC, and that Scottish certificates aren't any different from English or Welsh ones.

Section V 'Expanding' appears on Condition 8, 9, and 10 on mine, but was somewhere else on the previous one.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

The ammunition is "section five" in that it comes under section five of the firearms act (firearms and ammunition subject to general prohibition) It has nothing to do with which section of your FAC it's on. <facepalm>

I had to send my FAC back because they had given permission for a 7.57mm rifle and moderator, merged the allocation of .22LR and .22WMR into ".22 ammunition" and "lost" a slot to acquire a .22 moderator. To be fair, if it's Glasgow, they are stupendously understaffed, in fact I believe there is just one lady doing a job that should originally have been staffed by at least five people. She's very helpful when you ring them up though. I'm hoping that my FAC doesn't take weeks to get back though. I had to hassle them over my renewal (with the amazing help from the FEO who was an absolute star). It had been listed as a new issue because my previous cert was issued by a different constabulary. Apparently all grants are being shelved while they deal with renewals. New grants are taking upwards of 6 months. All this after an increase in the cost?

Scots_stalker, which gunsmith was this? I'm near Forth (not far from Lanark) and looking for local gunsmiths.

Edited to correct drivel
    Last edited by nighteye; 04-08-2015 at 17:01. Reason: Talking drivel