Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game fair will it be canclled due to the heavy rain for a sustained period

Game fair will it be canclled due to the heavy rain for a sustained period

Game fair will it be canclled due to the heavy rain for a sustained period

???
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

I think Harewood has been cancelled twice in the past ten years. Hopefully they have the ground sorted this time around!!

SD Regular
    I hope not. Even though I am not going.

I wrote a letter about this to Shooting Times when the last time...Belvoir...it happened. Basically saying that the organisers declined sites with good access, good drainage, permanent faciilties (such as Newark Showground) because of an apparent fetish that there had to be a castle or a stately home in the background otherwise folk wouldn't want to come.

Shooting Times published the letter and I got the bottle of whisky awarded to me as a letter of the week from them.

If they do cancel it do you think the CLA will pay for my cancelled hotel room?

Is the weather forecast to be bad there between now and then?

Forecast isn't that bad between now and the weekend. I am not really sure on what grounds the OP makes such a strong statement as if he is privy to information the rest of us don't have.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordiehillbilly View Post
    If they do cancel it do you think the CLA will pay for my cancelled hotel room?
    Last time they cancelled they didn't refund any of the stands so I think you would have Bob Hope.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Well it's rained here solid for three days so it will need to get out warm between now and friday
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." LLAP Leonard Nimoy 1931 - 2015

Last time, I didn't know it was cancelled until I was outside the gates. Dorset Steam fair this week!

2 weeks with the family on Menorca means I don't have to worry about CLA weather this year...
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)