Thread: Switching between safety mechanismsin shotguns, Any issues?

Switching between safety mechanismsin shotguns, Any issues?

I have seen a gun i was thinking about purchasing but it has a side safety. Not that I do not trust it will work . its just i have never shot with one before and am looking for info/ experiences for people who shoot firearms with side safeties and switch from tang to side safety regularly.

Is it an easy thing to pick up or am I wasting my time?

Thanks

Andy7mm
    "Amazing things can happen when preparation meet opportunity" Richard Schatz

"The will to win, compares little with the will to prepare to win" Donovan Moran

It's no more awkward than switching from single to double trigger and back. My drilling has the barrel selector on the tang and a Greener side safety. Frankly after about five minutes on the range, I've not had to give it any more thought. Is the shotgun a Greener by any chance?

Yes PM it is.

That is good to hear I can swap between triggers without any issue.
    "Amazing things can happen when preparation meet opportunity" Richard Schatz

"The will to win, compares little with the will to prepare to win" Donovan Moran

I've owned Greeners over the years and never had a problem, as with all safety's it's only a matter of a very short time before you don't even think about it.
    Incidentally, I've always found Greener made shotguns to be excellent, well made and reliable guns. I always fancied their Blue Rock model but never got round to getting one.

I have one of both and never even think about it. My brain just seams to know what rifle I'm holding and selects the correct safety position impulsively.

only thing I found was that some chaps who had never used a sbs would put both fingers in and let fly with both so that I one thing to remember not to do apart from that you will pick it up easy as its the most important thing to remember that and what end will get you a kick in the *@*** if pointed down the line I found the Winchester 23 very nice as it only has one trigger and is a very nice sbs to shot with .