Switching between safety mechanismsin shotguns, Any issues?

Andy7mm

I have seen a gun i was thinking about purchasing but it has a side safety. Not that I do not trust it will work . its just i have never shot with one before and am looking for info/ experiences for people who shoot firearms with side safeties and switch from tang to side safety regularly.

Is it an easy thing to pick up or am I wasting my time?

Thanks

Andy7mm

It's no more awkward than switching from single to double trigger and back. My drilling has the barrel selector on the tang and a Greener side safety. Frankly after about five minutes on the range, I've not had to give it any more thought. Is the shotgun a Greener by any chance?

I've owned Greeners over the years and never had a problem, as with all safety's it's only a matter of a very short time before you don't even think about it.
Incidentally, I've always found Greener made shotguns to be excellent, well made and reliable guns. I always fancied their Blue Rock model but never got round to getting one.

I have one of both and never even think about it. My brain just seams to know what rifle I'm holding and selects the correct safety position impulsively.

only thing I found was that some chaps who had never used a sbs would put both fingers in and let fly with both :eek: so that I one thing to remember not to do :doh: apart from that you will pick it up easy as its the most important thing to remember that and what end will get you a kick in the *@*** if pointed down the line :oops: I found the Winchester 23 very nice as it only has one trigger and is a very nice sbs to shot with .:tiphat:

Back