Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shepherds hill boots

shepherds hill boots

Hi has any of you hill stalkers or hill gamekeers got shepherd's sprung boots or shoes to sell size 7 pm me with details cheers

Try hoggs of fife. They still sell them, possibly still with leather soles as well as new fangled! vibram rubber..

You may want to post a introduction as per forum rules before admin give you a slapped wrist

Regular Poster
    Where there are more Muntjac than you can shake a stick at
    William Lennon still sell them, although God know's why. I bought a pair years ago returned them twice for leaking soles, refunded and binned for good, many miles better options in a saturated market. ATB., S.

I had a pair of Hoggs sprung sole boots for years 4 wheel drive for the hill and never let me down . I had them resoled once always plenty dubin on them until some low life nicked them from the back of the landy.
    They will last for years ,stick a good pair of insoles in them and they will be great on your feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by hillhrerd View Post
    Hi has any of you hill stalkers or hill gamekeers got shepherd's sprung boots or shoes to sell size 7 pm me with details cheers

Hoggs of Strathmiglo in fife still sell them. Choice of vibram or leather sole with tackets. Once you get them broken in to your feet, they are brilliant, but......not waterproof. And if looked after, they will last for years

I've got a new pair...tomorrow might be the day of testing ..if it's dry!!!

I just googled "sprung soled boots" and this image popped up.
    Google
    Hardly my idea of appropriate country attire; whatever floats your boat!
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by lochty View Post
    Hoggs of Strathmiglo in fife still sell them. Choice of vibram or leather sole with tackets. Once you get them broken in to your feet, they are brilliant, but......not waterproof. And if looked after, they will last for years
    If you can find someone who still makes them in horse hide they were pretty much waterproof, need to look after them though and if they do get wet dry them slowly , ruined a pair drying them in front of the bothy fire, cracked the soles!

At that time nearly fifty years ago they cost a weeks wages, probably not far of that today if you can find them, I still have two pairs of the hill shoes, so not a bad investment really, how many working shoes or boots do you know of that have lasted close on fifty years.