Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photos from my past....

SD Regular

Photos from my past....

Oh gosh! I found this on the internet yesterday! Someone sent me the place to look for it. I would have been a few months around eighteen years old and thought that becoming fifty years old, sixty years old was an age far, far, far, away in the distant future. In 1976 even the year 2000 was farther distant from me, in years, than was my birth year. Time stand still for no one. Happy August!

Attachment 59621

Ok Enfield,

Which one are you......??

Thanks. That is a very cool photo, I like it much. Looks like you all were having great fun!

Mental note: Must remember to have more fun.

Cheers Sharkey
    "Men Who Stare at Deer."

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Crikey!

Looking at that photo reminds me of the Spike Milligan book (IIRC it was either "Adolf Hitler, My Part in His Downfall" or "Rommel, Gunner Who?") where he has a cartoon of the different ways that Army uniforms were designed (not) to fit the average soldier
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Brassards and mixed-fruit pudding all round!
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Crikey!

Looking at that photo reminds me of the Spike Milligan book (IIRC it was either "Adolf Hitler, My Part in His Downfall" or "Rommel, Gunner Who?") where he has a cartoon of the different ways that Army uniforms were designed (not) to fit the average soldier
    And the picture in one of his books entitled 'British Soldier with an incredible weapon'.

"Don't tell him your name Pike".
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

very baity some gay looking chaps there so i'll stick one up lol 1970's me steeling my sgt's brew on a range in essex we just stole some of other guys crap hats ,pal refused to put a R/Anglian beret on said it would stain his head he never did lol top pals long since lost .
    Attachment 59628

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    Oh gosh! I found this on the internet yesterday! Someone sent me the place to look for it. I would have been a few months around eighteen years old and thought that becoming fifty years old, sixty years old was an age far, far, far, away in the distant future. In 1976 even the year 2000 was farther distant from me, in years, than was my birth year. Time stand still for no one. Happy August!

Attachment 59621
    Goodness me - children with firearms. Quick, somebody should tell the GCN - we must put a stop to this instantly!

The thing that strikes me most about that picture was that when I joined the CCF in 1994, we were still being issued with the exact same kit. Bloody puttees!!