Thread: DVLA MOT Status

DVLA MOT Status

Hiya, Had my car MOT'd yesterday afternoon...( at some cost)...and thought I'd check the DVLA site ( as you do) ....it's still not on there...still showing the old MOT stuff...

Anyone know how long it takes to get onto the DVLA site...?? I've got the paper bit, but was wondering what the police would see if they type in the reg number....

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Norrie1956 View Post
    Hiya, Had my car MOT'd yesterday afternoon...( at some cost)...and thought I'd check the DVLA site ( as you do) ....it's still not on there...still showing the old MOT stuff...

Anyone know how long it takes to get onto the DVLA site...?? I've got the paper bit, but was wondering what the police would see if they type in the reg number....

Cheers.
    It can take a couple of days in my experience mate, don't worry. I bought a car recently with no MOT on, paid the garage to do the work in time for me to pick it up a week later and it wasn't showing up online yet despite them having sent me a copy of the paperwork.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

I don't know the full answer but it looks like it isn't updated in real time unless there's a live link (say) from a main dealership. It looks like the data from smaller garages & independents is updated in batch mode overnight.

My previous one was done at TCH Ford, and the MOT failure was on on the database (including the advisories) before I could blink. It was a leaking CV boot, holed exhaust, etc. which they fixed the same day. The retest pass was up on the DVLA link by the time I was home & had moved some cash around on-line to cover the hit.

This time I took it to a smaller independent (it sailed through, without any of the earlier advisories which I'd ignored), and the MOT pass didn't appear until the following day.

ATB
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Thanks Guys, Just worried in case it "pinged" up on a traffic car, and was pulled over...Still not on the DVLA site yet, but quite happy now...