Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seatbelt bleeps Vauxhall Vivaro

Seatbelt bleeps Vauxhall Vivaro

Just got a new van at work a 64 plate Vauxhall Vivaro 2900 CDTI and the bloody seatbelt bleep is driving me mad, it's not always necessary, practical or legal requirement to have the belt fastened so any help disabling the bleeps would be appreciated. Cutting wires is not an option and I'm struggling to find anything on google
    Cheers Wingy
    unless you can prove it beyond all reasonable doubt, it wasn't me. If you can prove it then you must be mistaken

Open door.

Grab seatbelt.

Clunk-click.

Then sit down.

I do this when driving at 10km/h on my permission. Fecking alarm drove me insane. OK, more insane.
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

SD Regular
    In a Range Rover, you have to buckle/unbuckle the seat about ten times in quick succession and it stops the 'bing'. The dash light remains on.

I appreciate this doesn't answer your question, so apologies, but it might spark a train of thought. Have you rung the local dealership and asked them?

I did the above ^^^^^ BTW, till I found the fix.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Let's dispose of this idea straightaway.

Van drivers are obliged to belt up like everyone else. I'm one. A lot of the LGV drivers I see are unbelted at the wheel, and squawking away on a mobile.

It's a fail-safe reminder which should be installed in every UK vehicle now, just like a 'hands free' kit. I'd have the sensors linked to the ECU and immobiliser under EU law, but am grateful that we're still a liberal country.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

SD Regular
    No-one is advocating not belting up. The question is about stopping the bleep is it not? I haven't yet found the 50,000 word EU directive on the requirement for mandatory bleeping seat belt reminders - but it's probably there somewhere......
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    Let's dispose of this idea straightaway.

Van drivers are obliged to belt up like everyone else. I'm one. A lot of the LGV drivers I see are unbelted at the wheel, and squawking away on a mobile.

It's a fail-safe reminder which should be installed in every UK vehicle now, just like a 'hands free' kit. I'd have the sensors linked to the ECU and immobiliser under EU law, but am grateful that we're still a liberal country.
    Much of my driving involves perimeter security checks on the internal perimeter of a very large area of private land, so no legal requirement as it's not on public road

Get a spare buckle from a scrappie and stick it in as required!
    MS

Normally disguised as display light/ seat occupancy remove that fuse and it won't go off.

SD Regular
    There are a number of threads on this that talk about opening the buckle and bending the contacts in the buckle back so there's no connection. There seems to be more when you look at Renault Trafic - which I understand to be the same vehicle? Either that or there is an ECU option to turn it off - HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    No-one is advocating not belting up. The question is about stopping the bleep is it not? I haven't yet found the 50,000 word EU directive on the requirement for mandatory bleeping seat belt reminders - but it's probably there somewhere......
    The words were "it's not always necessary, practical or legal requirement to have the belt fastened" which means 'belting up' in common parlance or anyone's language.

Certainly a dummy seatbelt connector would do the job, but the seat belt is there to stop you smashing your face or going through the windscreen when you're driving anywhere. ......... or have I missed something?
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.