Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Are we perceived as thick?

  1. #1

    Are we perceived as thick?

    Just watching someone interviewing "Migrants" in the new Sangatte, "We want to stay in France", "We want to stay in France", So why have you got yourselves all the way to Calais then?? ... & that misguided female on earlier bemoaning the situation that we do not recognise the problem!!!! AAAARRRGGHH
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

  2. #2
    If I were from an ethnic minority the last place I would want to be in is France (or the USA!)

    Regardless of whether you believe the hype that they're all on their way over over here to take our precious benefits and social housing, it's actually quite a back-handed compliment to our nation. We are in the UK, relatively speaking compared to most other EU countries, quite tolerant - although if you have to compare to the likes of Italy, France and Spain then you don't have to try that hard!
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

    Ctrl-Alt FACT

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hereford View Post
    If I were from an ethnic minority the last place I would want to be in is France (or the USA!)

    Regardless of whether you believe the hype that they're all on their way over over here to take our precious benefits and social housing, it's actually quite a back-handed compliment to our nation. We are in the UK, relatively speaking compared to most other EU countries, quite tolerant - although if you have to compare to the likes of Italy, France and Spain then you don't have to try that hard!
    Care to explain that?-Muir

  4. #4
    "Give me your tired your poor your huddled masses"

    "The New Colossus". A truly beautiful poem. Enlighten yourselves by discovering it.

    Sharkey
    "Men Who Stare at Deer."

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Care to explain that?-Muir
    At a guess America doesn't have the best current climate for racial integration or at least that's how it is portrayed in the British media.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    "Give me your tired your poor your huddled masses"

    "The New Colossus". A truly beautiful poem. Enlighten yourselves by discovering it.

    Sharkey
    Yeah like Australia do that bud !! Lol
    regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

    BUY BRITISH !!!!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Care to explain that?-Muir
    i lived in the states for a year. On the whole it was cosmopolitan and tolerant. There are other countries that I have been that I could not say that about.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Care to explain that?-Muir
    Anymore such comments like this will result in a ban.
    Last edited by sikamalc; 31-07-2015 at 16:05. Reason: Unwarranted remarks that are not tolerated on this site.
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

    Ctrl-Alt FACT

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hereford View Post
    Anymore such comments like this will result in a ban.
    Excuse me, but why ?

    If somebody was slagging off Brits, I'm sure you'd question that.

    I'm backing our American friend Muir on this one
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

    Home | Varminting UK

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hereford View Post
    Anymore such comments like this will result in a ban.
    Apologies Sikamalc - to answer in a less inflammatory / more tactful way:

    It depends upon what side of the fence you are looking from - my brother in law is black & British (originally from Ghana) - he is a successful banker and relocated with his wife and two daughters after promotion to North Carolina 5 years ago.

    Although for the most part they enjoy living there, he has told us that the level of overt racism and prejudice toward ethnic minorities is on a level like he never felt anywhere else before, regardless of whether you be migrant, blue or white-collar - and the situation is tangibly deteriorating.

    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

    Ctrl-Alt FACT

Similar Threads

  1. Deer in thick cover.
    By Graeme in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 31-07-2014, 22:21
  2. How thick should a gong be?
    By Danger Mouse in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-10-2012, 10:03
  3. Thick ear!
    By Ritz in forum Vets Corner
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-08-2010, 21:51
  4. '' POO '' Through Thick and Thin.
    By squirrelnutkin in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 18:47
  5. Am I being thick? - Mount Question
    By Stringer in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 23-12-2009, 22:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •