Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy from Oregon USA

SD Regular
    On the banks of the Columbia River, Portland OR. USA

New guy from Oregon USA

Been a big game hunter for 40 plus years. Really enjoy hand loading and learning from others. After trolling your site, it is obvious that there some really experienced posters here. I hope I can add something of value. 30/06 is my favorite, although .270 Win and 7/08 Rem are pretty fun to work with too. Been on a couple of guided hunts but mostly it is just me and friends. We are lucky in that we have millions of acres of public land to hunt on for just the price of a license. Delighted to have stumbled on you sight, would enjoy hearing from y'all. I would be happy to answer questions, possibly arrange a mutual hunt with sportsmen?? Always wanted to hunt in Scotland.
    A Guy Out West

Welcome! You are very fortunate to live in such a wonderful part of the USA. I have always wanted to go there for the blacktail hunting and salmon fishing

Welcome you lucky man living where you do.
    Steelhead fisher as well?
    Cheers
    Richard

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome to the site. You be careful if you get out in Scotland the midges and haggis make your little brown bears look like teddy's. Ferocious things they are.

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy Out West View Post
    Been a big game hunter for 40 plus years. Really enjoy hand loading and learning from others. After trolling your site, it is obvious that there some really experienced posters here. I hope I can add something of value. 30/06 is my favorite, although .270 Win and 7/08 Rem are pretty fun to work with too. Been on a couple of guided hunts but mostly it is just me and friends. We are lucky in that we have millions of acres of public land to hunt on for just the price of a license. Delighted to have stumbled on you sight, would enjoy hearing from y'all. I would be happy to answer questions, possibly arrange a mutual hunt with sportsmen?? Always wanted to hunt in Scotland.
    A Guy Out West
    Saw this recently and immediately wanted to visit. Absolutely stunning. You are indeed very lucky. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...ushpmg00000067