Buttolo call: Useless after being soaked by rain.

Erik Hamburger

I was caught by a very heavy shower last Thursday evening and got soaking wet. Going out again yesterday evening I found my Buttolo call seems to have been damaged by the rain, as it produced basically no sound at all now. So just a word of warning to keep that caller dry!

I was caught by a very heavy shower last Thursday evening and got soaking wet. Going out again yesterday evening I found my Buttolo call seems to have been damaged by the rain, as it produced basically no sound at all now. So just a word of warning to keep that caller dry!

Have you taken it apart and dried it out, much the same as you might the stock or mod off....Or any other bit of kit.....

It comes under M for

Maintenance...

Tim.243

Have you taken it apart and dried it out, much the same as you might the stock or mod off....Or any other bit of kit.....

It comes under M for

Maintenance...

Tim.243

Is is there any need for the sarcasm here?

Is is there any need for the sarcasm here?

I would have put it in the bracket of common scene to be honest....

In my post there was a hint to take it apart and dry it out as there is a reed mechanism in side...
One would hope the owner with a centre fire rifle out stalking deer would have some inclining to work that out...As I would guess he would be unzipping the deer and checking it out which is far more involved than drying out a reed caller..........

Tim.243

As always some brilliant and entertaining contributions to this post, thank you! Gosh, no, I had not considered drying it out, what a super idea!

Pop it in a bag of dry rice to remove any/all moisture. This generally works with damp mobile phones also.

Or use it as an excuse to buy an Hubertus Cherry Wood.

Back