since when has a 1 for 1 required an FEO enquiry!

bewsher500

simple disposal with request to keep slot

over 6 weeks and I am chasing to be told I need to speak to the FEO....what about I have no idea

what a waste of time

that is a legitimate joke, in a time where all matters of FAC administration are grinding to a halt a simple swap becomes a hassle to the FAC holder and drain on resources.

Ita taken 5 months and 2 FEO visits for a shotgun renewal for me arm

I hope you get it sorted , the system is a joke

Took Essex over a month to forward my file to n yorks, on the upside a change of calibre from .223 which I no longer want to .308 and the return of my new licence will be done in the next two weeks :)

simple disposal with request to keep slot

over 6 weeks and I am chasing to be told I need to speak to the FEO....what about I have no idea

what a waste of time

This has been going on at Fettes since at least this time last year.

The three I've done in the last 18 months have taken a minimum of 8 weeks, with one taking 10.

I'm looking to do a 141 to upgrade my WMR - all this chat is putting me off even more - why oh why should a swap be so difficult?

I'm looking to do a 141 to upgrade my WMR - all this chat is putting me off even more - why oh why should a swap be so difficult?
It's very very dependent on who your local FLD is....

in suffolk ive done a couple of 1 4 1 variations in the last few months and they both came back within a week

Had three done in one week no flo as I was exchanging not adding may be its due to the north side of m25 having diff rules :stir:

It's very very dependent on who your local FLD is....

in suffolk ive done a couple of 1 4 1 variations in the last few months and they both came back within a week

Ok - so a straight exchange should be fairly quick? Generally A&S have been getting better but I was thinking of leaving it until the bird season kicks off.....

Also, you sound as if you're in the gunshop as often as me :D

Well he better brace himself for a rocket when I speak to him
absolute disgrace
been sitting on his desk for 6 weeks and 3 of those I was away expecting to pick it up when I got back

my renewal overan
the call to my referee took place 3m AFTER the visit..........

My last one ran for nearly 14 weeks. Variations are bottom of pile after other work,
new issues, renewals, etc.

Took Essex over a month to forward my file to n yorks, on the upside a change of calibre from .223 which I no longer want to .308 and the return of my new licence will be done in the next two weeks :)

I notified TVP and Police Scotland about my change of address (and force area) in October of 2014. When my renewal came due (in June) TVP STILL hadn't sent my file to PS, and my file at PS when I sent my renewal application in was marked as an initial issue not a renewal, so if I'd not phoned and spoken to my (admittedly quite brilliant) FEO, my RENEWAL would have taken upwards of 8 months (leaving me in illegal possession of firearms for at least six months).

It's a total ****ing mess (excuse the expletive but it really is) and someone is going to end up in a lot of trouble because of it. The PS office in Glasgow is supposed to be staffed by six civvy staff and at least two inspectors. It is currently staffed by ONE civvy and one inspector. She does the best she can, and she is very helpful, but she is totally overwhelmed by the sheer volume of work coming her way (and that won't improve when airgun licencing comes in, for sure)

I notified TVP and Police Scotland about my change of address (and force area) in October of 2014. When my renewal came due (in June) TVP STILL hadn't sent my file to PS, and my file at PS when I sent my renewal application in was marked as an initial issue not a renewal, so if I'd not phoned and spoken to my (admittedly quite brilliant) FEO, my RENEWAL would have taken upwards of 8 months (leaving me in illegal possession of firearms for at least six months).

It's a total ****ing mess (excuse the expletive but it really is) and someone is going to end up in a lot of trouble because of it. The PS office in Glasgow is supposed to be staffed by six civvy staff and at least two inspectors. It is currently staffed by ONE civvy and one inspector. She does the best she can, and she is very helpful, but she is totally overwhelmed by the sheer volume of work coming her way (and that won't improve when airgun licencing comes in, for sure)

Pitt St has two staff?
Are you sure?

Fettes in Edinburgh has more than that which is the opposite to what the Strathclyde management are meant to want

Not Pitt Street any more, it's French Street, and yes, two people, one civilian who seems to do all the work, and one inspector. They're supposed to have five civvies and two inspectors but due to people leaving, holidays, illness etc. that's the current staffing level.

Back