Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Large Red/Roe deer stalking (control) permission opportunity (West Highland).

Large Red/Roe deer stalking (control) permission opportunity (West Highland).

Large Red/Roe deer stalking (control) permission opportunity (West Highland).

Looking for syndicate members for tender. This is an opportunity to prospectively join a syndicate for a forestry area extending to over 4,500 acres. Annual cull has been over 50 red deer 2013/14 so syndicate members must be serious and committed to culling objectives. Stalkers must have:
    DSC2
    Insurance
    SNH Fit & Comp registered
    Open FAC
    Physical fitness is important and ATV with appropriate certification is a definite advantage. 6 places available only. PM for further details

Is this the Till hill lease, through Leif Bragg? if so they only requires DMQ Level 1 according to the email I have received.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

that's right but dsc2 is the standard I'd want across a syndicate with reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul at Fechan View Post
    that's right but dsc2 is the standard I'd want across a syndicate with reds.
    Paul,
    Just a few questions if I may. Will you be running this syndicate fairly ( the price of the syndicate split between 6 members)? Or will it be run as a business for you to make an income out of? As I can see you are called Galloway Field Sports.
    It says please PM for more information. Do you have more information about the ground other than the email I received, probably along with 2000 others?
    Lastly, what makes red deer warrant DSC2 over any other species? Just curious as it doesn't state that or does it make your tender stronger?
    I look forward to your response.

Many thanks 1995rs

ive registered an interest this morning in joining the syndicate if tilhill decides to go down the route of forming one for that ground ��

Quote Originally Posted by 1995rs View Post
    Paul,
    Just a few questions if I may. Will you be running this syndicate fairly ( the price of the syndicate split between 6 members)? Or will it be run as a business for you to make an income out of? As I can see you are called Galloway Field Sports.
    It says please PM for more information. Do you have more information about the ground other than the email I received, probably along with 2000 others?
    Lastly, what makes red deer warrant DSC2 over any other species? Just curious as it doesn't state that or does it make your tender stronger?
    I look forward to your response.

Many thanks 1995rs
    does it really matter if Paul's making money out it - if you can't afford to or have a problem with don't apply
    you read it says pm for more information so why are you trying to be clever and ask him on here-: again f not happy don't apply
    if Paul is putting his name down on the lease as main lease holder if he wants only people with blue hair to apply he can choose to- it is potentially his lease - not happy with rules don't apply.

there seem to be lots of people on here these days that seem to have nothing better to do than cause trouble- my mother always used to say if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all....... It's not going to affect your life how he runs his business nor his syndicates is it??

i'm looking to put in a strong realistic tender, pm for details as mentioned thanks

As referred to above, lots of people will have this info from Leif. The critical point that i observed was that this was not viewed, by Leif/Tilhill as a lease for recreational stalkers, but guys who were going to be putting in the hours on the ground to get the cull up on the new planting.
    No doubt there will be uproar on here from lots telling me that recreational stalkers will do the job, but how often are these people actually going to head for Oban? I live in Perth and its a long way from me if I was intending t be up there every week.
    Good luck to Paul trying to pull this one off. I think it'll go to local guys. Wish I was nearer as it seems like a great opportunity.

Hi Paul, please can you pm the cost per gun. Very interested.
    cheers
    g

If you are interested in the syndicate get in touch with Paul, if not why the need to post?

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses