Boar Calibres

to be honest there is a trend to overgun on everything (I think it makes up for lack of size in their "Johnson").

Im comfortable with my 243 for everything from Foxes to Roe Doe and Boar to Stags, its what you do with it that counts.

I must admit though, my Estate rifle is a .270, this was purchased to comply with Night Authorisation shooting when it was a requirement.

i do understand that the bigger calibres have more stopping power incase you drop it in the wrong place and people get comfort from this.

i also understand that a Volvo is a safe car but I don't buy one just incase I crash.

I have a Volvo XC90 and a Merkel Helix 270, sorted.

to be honest there is a trend to overgun on everything (I think it makes up for lack of size in their "Johnson").

Im comfortable with my 243 for everything from Foxes to Roe Doe and Boar to Stags, its what you do with it that counts................

i also understand that a Volvo is a safe car but I don't buy one just incase I crash.

I have a Volvo XC90 and a Merkel Helix 270, sorted.

I think a .243 bullet of any weight or construction might have some trouble getting through the brush on some of these shots when he moves away from the rides!

Is that a Volvo in the last clip of the video? :D

VW Amarok and Merkel Helix 9.3x62/.308 - not sure what that proves in the endowment stakes, other than a disregard for manufacturer's stated diesel emission figures and a preference for quality rifles. ;)

Then again, one could always forgo the firearms completely and revert to the tried and tested 'Sink & Car' method of wild boar hunting. :eek:

Was it a Volvo? :confused:

Last edited:
I think a .243 bullet of any weight or construction might have some trouble getting through the brush on some of these shots when he moves away from the rides!

Is that a Volvo in the last clip of the video? :D

VW Amarok and Merkel Helix 9.3x62/.308 - not sure what that proves in the endowment stakes, other than a disregard for manufacturer's stated diesel emission figures and a preference for quality rifles. ;)
MIGHT NEED A LITTLE STOCK WORK ON THAT RIFLE ON THE VID,:coat:

Last edited:
heres a few photographs of DARA she hunts with a thompson pistol 7-30 waters imp calibre on foot ,(not from a tree)this russian boar was taken as it charged( 450lbs). bear with me.

Last edited:
heres a few photographs of DARA she hunts with a thompson pistol 7-30 waters imp calibre on foot ,(not from a tree)this russian boar was taken as it charged( 450lbs). bear with me.

• IMG_0345.PNG i dont have a clue whats happening with the other two pics? sorry,,, these pics there (are two others) i cant load are courtesy of kenbro as he cant post them .cheers atb doug:tiphat:

Would it help if it was converted to a jpg ? Try uploading with https://postimg.org

Back