Thread: Webley Patriot .22 FAC Air Rifle and sound moderator

Webley Patriot .22 FAC Air Rifle and sound moderator

This is my FAC air rifle, the weapon with which I acquired my first FAC.

I am offering it for sale because it is getting almost no use from me. Since becoming a parent, my opportunities for shooting are so limited that all of them are used for deer stalking (and I don't get enough of that by a long way), so I'm simply not getting the time to stalk rabbits and pheasants with it as I used to.

It was a really easy way to get an initial FAC. Being an air rifle, it is highly suitable for pest control in close proximity to buildings and relatively small areas of land.

It is a weighty break barrel. I don't know what power it produces, but it will put an 18 grain pellet clean through 3/4" marine ply at 25 yds. Rabbits roll over when hit, rather than disappearing into a hedge or burrow. It is pretty big and heavy, so not ideal for afternoon plinking (or at least, that becomes a pretty good workout). It is a British made rifle, and it is very accurate when shot from a supported position (I use a set of Limulus quad sticks whenever possible). It is presently zeroed for H&N Barracuda Hunter Extreme pellets (about 2/3 of tin of these are included, along with the others pictured). I think it's in pretty good condition, considering that it's a working rifle that is probably somewhere in its early twenties. There are a couple of scratches here and there, but no major disfigurements.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0409.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	175.8 KB 
ID:	59754Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0411.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	228.5 KB 
ID:	59755Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0412.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	186.7 KB 
ID:	59756Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0413.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	208.0 KB 
ID:	59757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0418.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	239.7 KB 
ID:	59759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI0005.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	586.8 KB 
ID:	59761
    I am asking 140 for it complete with a BSA 3-9x40 scope in a Hawke 1 piece double screw mount, an SAK .22 mod and three tins of pellets. Also included are the open sights, the original barrel end weight (described on some ads as a "Webley Silencer" it is nothing of the sort, and available to buy over the internet), an adapter to allow the use of 1/2"UNF threaded moderators and QD sling swivel mounts.

The cheapest on gun trader at the moment is 145, and the cheapest with a scope is 195.

Face to face is best, but if someone further away from me is interested, then I'll investigate the necessary steps required to get it couriered to an RFD near you.

It is a good, easy and inexpensive way to obtain an FAC, and it has probably the most power you will get from a break barrel airgun. If I had the time to use it I wouldn't be selling it.

PM me if you want to know more.

Thanks,
    Guy

I would consider swapping for a similar value sub 12ft/lb air rifle, as I'd then be able to lend it to my little brother who doesn't have an FAC, and I'd get the chance to shoot grey-tree-rat once in a while.

Guy

My friend owned a Webley Vulcan, which I believe was the little Brother to the patriot.
    It was a fantastically accurate and solid air rifle, and claimed a hell of a lot of 'vermin' off his Father's house roof when he wasn't at home. . . fifteen years old, home alone with the Vulcan was a recipe for some serious mischief

My post has no real relevance to your sale at all other than it brought back a memory

Quote Originally Posted by Cadex View Post
    My friend owned a Webley Vulcan, which I believe was the little Brother to the patriot.
    It was a fantastically accurate and solid air rifle, and claimed a hell of a lot of 'vermin' off his Father's house roof when he wasn't at home. . . fifteen years old, home alone with the Vulcan was a recipe for some serious mischief

My post has no real relevance to your sale at all other than it brought back a memory
    If all it did was bring back a good memory then the whole thread is worth while. After all, I don't need to sell it, I just don't need to have​ it just now.....

Webley Vulcan - my first air rifle and purchased to compliment my tempest .22 air pistol.
    Happy days.

Bump!
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.