Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

Having just recently purchased a scope, That was how can I say this 'Not quite as described'...... By this I mean a large score out of the front body of the scope (which I may add was very artistically coloured in with a Biro to try disguise the fact......) and the tube body was crimped. When photos of the scope were provided neither of the defects were shown or mentioned.
    When contacted the sellers response was this -:

Hi sorry you not happy with the scope I known you won't believe me I did not know that the scope tube was crimped I did how ever notice the mark which had been coloured in sorry I did not mention it . i only bought the scope my self a few months ago and the only reason I put up for sale was to purchase a new scope which I have now purchased so this leaves me in an awkward position as I used the money and can't offer a refund at the moment once again I'm sorry I did not set out to rip you off

Where would you go from here, being as he is now ignoring contact??

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by redlab View Post
    Having just recently purchased a scope, That was how can I say this 'Not quite as described'...... By this I mean a large score out of the front body of the scope (which I may add was very artistically coloured in with a Biro to try disguise the fact......) and the tube body was crimped. When photos of the scope were provided neither of the defects were shown or mentioned.
    When contacted the sellers response was this -:

Hi sorry you not happy with the scope I known you won't believe me I did not know that the scope tube was crimped I did how ever notice the mark which had been coloured in sorry I did not mention it . i only bought the scope my self a few months ago and the only reason I put up for sale was to purchase a new scope which I have now purchased so this leaves me in an awkward position as I used the money and can't offer a refund at the moment once again I'm sorry I did not set out to rip you off

Where would you go from here, being as he is now ignoring contact??

Cheers
    I had the same problem with a bino bought of someone on here last year, and i'm afraid the only way to get it sorted is the County Court or a small claim court...

Davy - You've been had! It certainly appears that you were knowingly sold a substandard scope.
    Threaten to take the seller to the small claims court by recorded mail. If he still refuses to refund it, start proceedings & name & shame him on lots of forums etc - including full name & address.
    I know it is a bit late now but when buying online always ask specific questions about the condition & record the answers before parting with cash.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by redlab View Post
    i only bought the scope my self a few months ago and the only reason I put up for sale was to purchase a new scope which I have now purchased so this leaves me in an awkward position as I used the money and can't offer a refund at the moment once again I'm sorry I did not set out to rip you off

Assuming that the article sold was not as described. The seller may now be in an awkward position financially as he has spent the money but if he is a site member I trust that he will do the honourable thing and put matters right.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Knowingly passing on duff gear is a bstad's trick! The guy should do the right thing and take it back.

I've an 8x56 you can borrow until you are sorted if that is any help?

Hmm, it is not Admins place to get involved with purchases mad eon the site.

However we do expect all members to be open and honest about the condition of any goods/products they sell. If the scope tube is bent then it would appear the seller has either dropped it or crimped it by over tightening the rings. This is something I have seen done before.
    Also the fact that the large scratch was disguised and then admitted to later after monies have exchanged hands is not being completely honest.

I would hope that the seller will correct this, even if he has now used the monies. Honesty is something we expect of people when selling, being economical with the truth will not wash.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Hmm, it is not Admins place to get involved with purchases mad eon the site. However we do expect all members to be open and honest about the condition of any goods/products they sell. If the scope tube is bent then it would appear the seller has either dropped it or crimped it by over tightening the rings. This is something I have seen done before. Also the fact that the large scratch was disguised and then admitted to later after monies have exchanged hands is not being completely honest. I would hope that the seller will correct this, even if he has now used the monies. Honesty is something we expect of people when selling, being economical with the truth will not wash.
    Malcolm, I would never expect for it to be your guys problem, I have bought many items off this site and never had a single issue, It was more his response that got me. Personally the first thing I would of done is took it back if not happy, offered a reduction if they would be happy to keep the item at reduced cost - Never would I have said - sorry I have spent the money nothing i can do....

Quote Originally Posted by scotspine View Post
    Knowingly passing on duff gear is a bstad's trick! The guy should do the right thing and take it back. I've an 8x56 you can borrow until you are sorted if that is any help?
    Many thanks for the kind offer, luckily this was just a upgrade for an existing rifle not my main combo, I still have the original scope

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    Davy - You've been had! It certainly appears that you were knowingly sold a substandard scope. Threaten to take the seller to the small claims court by recorded mail. If he still refuses to refund it, start proceedings & name & shame him on lots of forums etc - including full name & address. I know it is a bit late now but when buying online always ask specific questions about the condition & record the answers before parting with cash. Ian
    I did ask if the scope was in a tidy and clean condition, the photos provided conveniently didn't show the damage.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shootgun View Post
    I had the same problem with a bino bought of someone on here last year, and i'm afraid the only way to get it sorted is the County Court or a small claim court...
    Wonder how that would affect future fac applications........