Thread: Old roe head

Old roe head

any good or did he have old injury??? he was still in velve t when i shot him....

bloody hell thats some head
    amberdog

Why is the skull so dirty and antlers covered in algae? you say you shot him? thats a good head gone to waste. deerwarden

Quote Originally Posted by biglad View Post
    any good or did he have old injury??? he was still in velve t when i shot him....
    Looks like the left pedicle is damaged, maybe been clipped by a car, did he have any broken and healed bones anywhere else and did he have both testicles?

Its a very unusual head, the left antler doesn't seem to have fully formed?

Moose

If Morena was about he could give an idea. I would look at pedicles to start with, testicles, rear right leg and front left leg for any other damage/ malformations.

Lovely right antler

Thats some head there Biglad where did you shoot him ( please dont answer heart and lung
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Hi i shot him last year on our own ground at dumfreise & galloway no visible old broken bones two balls . it looks shity cos i left it hung in a tree to rot off shuld i clean it up but the antler was white...