Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Dambuster pilot passes on

Last Dambuster pilot passes on

Great men who we owe so much too. Although he did not join the raid due to his Lanc being hit by heavy flak over Holland he is the last of the few young men that gave their all to make sure we remain free.

RIP.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Probably not the most sensible remark given that these guys gave their all, irrespective of what has happened today.
    At least we are not all speaking German.
    Last edited by sikamalc; 04-08-2015 at 19:47.

From what I read earlier Les Munro never forgot those that didn't come back. He recently sold his medals to ensure that the bomber command memorial is maintained in the future.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

bravest of the brave ,used to live near the Mohne damn ,which has a massive repair job after these "chaps"did a remodelling on it .the flak towers are still there ,i imagine it was a nightmare approach but they did it .god bless them heroes betrayed by politicians in the end
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

We should never forget them

Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    Only to see our recent politicians render it all for nothing by getting us into the EU by stealth.
    how dare you. This post should be removed. Totally wrong. People like you need to learn respect. I am furious. Totally out of line with the OP. MODS please address asap.

One of Guy Gibson hand picked team - a great pilot and New Zealander.

Its down to each of us to remember - I shall and my kids will, let us hope others continue to refresh the national conscience of those who owe the debt.
    RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    One of Guy Gibson hand picked team - a great pilot and New Zealander.

Its down to each of us to remember - I shall and my kids will, let us hope others continue to refresh the national conscience of those who owe the debt.
    RIP.
    well said that man.

SD Regular
    On the banks of the Columbia River, Portland OR. USA
    A toast to the Dambusters, heros all.

There was a picture on his mantel of a bomb hitting the water made quite a splash dwarfed the lanc