Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Added Expense and a Yukon Photon

Added Expense and a Yukon Photon

Why is it when you're just about to spend some money on something nice and fun does a sudden boring (but necessary) expense rear its head?

I've spent the last week umming and ahhhing about whether or not to buy a 6.5 Yukon Photon XT so have been emailing Paul from Scott Country who has been a real gem and answered all my questions re mounts and ir, been superb at replying quickly and generally gone above and beyond what I'd expect of most retailers. I finally decided today that yes I'm going to get one but on the way to work I hear a knocking sound coming from the rear of my 4x4. When I arrive I get out and have a check only to find out one of the rear shock absorbers has pretty much fallen apart and is barely attached in the middle!

Due to the nature of the upgraded shocks and they're all getting on a bit I now have to replace all four at a cost of £190 so there goes the Photon for another couple of months!

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    Why is it when you're just about to spend some money on something nice and fun does a sudden boring (but necessary) expense rear its head?

I've spent the last week umming and ahhhing about whether or not to buy a 6.5 Yukon Photon XT so have been emailing Paul from Scott Country who has been a real gem and answered all my questions re mounts and ir, been superb at replying quickly and generally gone above and beyond what I'd expect of most retailers. I finally decided today that yes I'm going to get one but on the way to work I hear a knocking sound coming from the rear of my 4x4. When I arrive I get out and have a check only to find out one of the rear shock absorbers has pretty much fallen apart and is barely attached in the middle!

Due to the nature of the upgraded shocks and they're all getting on a bit I now have to replace all four at a cost of £190 so there goes the Photon for another couple of months!
    You need a Landy £24 a pair for shocks and fitted in ten minutes with a 19mm spanner.

Quote Originally Posted by Crosshair243 View Post
    You need a Landy £24 a pair for shocks and fitted in ten minutes with a 19mm spanner.
    Yeah but being a Landy I'd need new ones every 3 months plus everything else that went wrong

Yeah but being a Landy I'd need new ones every 3 months plus everything else that went wrong
    And a bike in the back,,,,,,,,sorry about your shocks mate, doug,
    DONT START

It'll be all the better once you get it for having had to wait for it. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    It'll be all the better once you get it for having had to wait for it. ��

Yes that is true and I still have plenty of time before the evenings draw in to make NV the best option for rabbits and foxes.

tell me about it ,just ordered a new scope from Uttings ,and whilst in darkest Dorset on holiday a ting ting <not Ting Tong>noise appears to come from inside the engine.the cam belt pulley seized ,spun and started chewing the engine block.Then to cap it all 4 bloomin nails sticking out the same tyre.so im so in your same boat club .Lets just say the repair cost the price of the scope and thanks to a very understanding<NOT.>wife ive had cold shoulder and spicy words for tea.Of course i should know when the car breaks its my car????.Woman ,are just wired all WRONG
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

Shiny toys make us regard contingency funds as disposable income. Then a contingency comes along and suddenly we feel poorer and unluckier at once!
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

I don't know, but I have had mine for over a year and not needed to replace anything. I couldn't be more satisfied.

Sorry to hear about your delay, but remember everything happens for a reason. Perhaps it will cost less when you have enough to get it. That will make the purchase even that much sweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by tozzybum View Post
    tell me about it ,just ordered a new scope from Uttings ,and whilst in darkest Dorset on holiday a ting ting <not Ting Tong>noise appears to come from inside the engine.the cam belt pulley seized ,spun and started chewing the engine block.Then to cap it all 4 bloomin nails sticking out the same tyre.so im so in your same boat club .Lets just say the repair cost the price of the scope and thanks to a very understanding<NOT.>wife ive had cold shoulder and spicy words for tea.Of course i should know when the car breaks its my car????.Woman ,are just wired all WRONG
    ah yes I've been there with the Mrs, when we take her car on a long trip all I hear is "we always drive my car and use my diesel" but when the clutch and flywheel needed replacing it was "you need to fix the family car". That was £750 from my contingency fund.