Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cz452. 22lr modifications

Cz452. 22lr modifications

Hi guys been reading about cz452. I can't shoot great with mine. Tried ammo scope and moderators. It's just me. Other people have used it fine.
    I read that the trigger is easily modified. Does this make a huge difference? Is there any other modifications I can try?
    I'm putting in for a 1 for 1 variation so may try another rifle.
    Any opinions would be good. Most people love these gun's. I just wish I could shoot well with it.

Is it the hogsback stock? I had to pack more than an inch onto the stock until I could look through the scope while resting cheek on the stock.
    Might be worth trying to mess with the cheek height on the stock via foam and tape just to see if things improve, most stocks are made for open sight shooting.
    edi

How do you mean by hogsback?

Asking the obvious, are you absolutely sure that the stock is not touching the barrel on your 452? I had to remove a few high spots on mine, check by working a thin piece of paper between the barrel & stock to check this.

atb Tim

My bedding was loose so the barrel would move and touch the stock. Careful application of heavy duty repair tape tightened it up and put the barrel in the right place.

My old Brno mod 2 (same rifle as the 452) had to be extended in the stock so I could get a proper check weld and sight picture. Also free floated the barrel, and lightened the trigger, now shoots very straight and has done for 20 years.

Has anyone else shot your rifle and had good or bad results?

I have a heavily modified Brno Mod2

The hole through the bolt handle shaft has been upgraded with a ball detent to hold the handle in place, and at the ball end it has been filled and rounded.

Timney trigger fitted

and a full size stock whittled from a piece of cherry wood and epoxy bedded full length

barrel shortened to 18" with Parker hale mod.

now it needs converting to left handed

Quote Originally Posted by danban View Post
    How do you mean by hogsback?
    Dan, like this "hogsback " style stock on my cz. I built up the height and width of the comb until my eye is on the right height. I can shoot better, faster and more accurate.
    Looks ugly but works.

edi

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    I have a heavily modified Brno Mod2

The hole through the bolt handle shaft has been upgraded with a ball detent to hold the handle in place, and at the ball end it has been filled and rounded.

Timney trigger fitted

and a full size stock whittled from a piece of cherry wood and epoxy bedded full length

barrel shortened to 18" with Parker hale mod.

now it needs converting to left handed

Surely the lad needs phots to act as inspiration
    Any Questions Feel Free to PM me

hi Danban, Improving the trigger will help you massively but it's worth checking out the rest of the weapon for any of the other issues everyone else has mentioned. I am right on the Suffolk border near Sudbury and have a 100m range set up nearby if you would like a hand?
    Regards
    Steve

Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: http://www.uksha.org or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports