Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shelves becoming a little thin.....

Shelves becoming a little thin.....

I noticed a few empty slots that aren't filled.
    Kidding aside, I walked into the local ranch supply store and found this. Evidently some powders and primers are starting to flow, including Varget. I think there was 18 pounds on the shelf. FYI, the big orange posters hanging on the shelves are saying that all customers are limited to two, one-pound containers of powder daily. This rationing has been in place for several years. ~Muir

That's a sight for sore eyes! Please post a few more pictures of that incredible shop.

Quote Originally Posted by takbok View Post
    That's a sight for sore eyes! Please post a few more pictures of that incredible shop.
    It's not a gun shop. It's a ranch supply store that carries some shooting gear. This is the only other pic I have; hope for my UK brethren who yearn for Varget. They had 18 pounds on the shelf.~Muir

PS: Second row down on the right....

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    It's not a gun shop. It's a ranch supply store that carries some shooting gear. This is the only other pic I have; hope for my UK brethren who yearn for Varget. They had 18 pounds on the shelf.~Muir

PS: Second row down on the right....
    That's great. I realised it wasn't a gunshop, but that makes it all the more special. I guess we just don't have the market here for decent reloading supplies shops close to where we live.

I noticed a few empty slots that aren't filled.
    Kidding aside, I walked into the local ranch supply store and found this. Evidently some powders and primers are starting to flow, including Varget. I think there was 18 pounds on the shelf. FYI, the big orange posters hanging on the shelves are saying that all customers are limited to two, one-pound containers of powder daily. This rationing has been in place for several years. ~Muir
    It is like most things in the USA....far to much of every thing all served with xxxl fries....

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Seeing as how we just finished the last one, wonder if they would consider another lend lease agreement?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

~Muir
    I doubt that you could amass that amount of powder in a U.K. gun shop if you combined the stocks of 10 U.K. stores.

Saying that I was very pleasantly surprised by the amount of powder stocked by Dauntsey guns a little while ago.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    It is like most things in the USA....far to much of every thing all served with xxxl fries....

Tim.243
    Jealousy does not become you.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    I doubt that you could amass that amount of powder in a U.K. gun shop if you combined the stocks of 10 U.K. stores.

Saying that I was very pleasantly surprised by the amount of powder stocked by Dauntsey guns a little while ago.
    It's nice to see things getting back to where they should be. This was a real shocker to me. The pickings have been slim for such a long time. I even found Lil Gun on the shelf which has been scarce.

So if this looks like a lot of powder, I must ask: How many pounds of powder does the average shop carry? This is about what a middleweight retailer would carry here.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post

Tim.243
    If only we had a drive thru window for reloading components....
    "I like the No.3 for the .270 .... a box of Nosler 150-gr partitions with a jug of Norma MRP, and some Federal Magnum Match primers. Supersize that MRP to a kilo."